Dir Merch, Na Women's Apparel
Posted on Jan 18, 2019 by Nike
For Nike, Inc. merchants, everything begins and ends with the consumer. The Nike Merchandising team understands consumer needs and market capacity to create the right product mix for marketplaces around the world. From stores to online, this team helps bring the seasonal category visions to life. The Merchandising team has the unique ability to see beyond trends to identify what's next to deliver the right product to the right places at the right time and price.
As the Merchandising Director for North America Women's Apparel, you are responsible for creating consumer based product assortment strategies for the GEO's integrated marketplace. You will work cross-categorically with internal partners on global and geography merchandising, sales, product, and brand teams to drive well-informed assortment strategies and ensure a holistic, premium, differentiated and elevated marketplace.
Key Accountabilities include:
- Will lead strategic vision of North America line plan needs based on consumer insights, marketplace capacity, and future marketplace potential.
- Will manage the creation of product assortment frameworks and develop consumer right assortments to execute the Category strategy and deliver financial goals.
- Will present assortment vision at key meetings across multiple functions in partnership with other Category leads.
- Will execute seasonal strategies as they relate to initiatives, consumer moments, assortments, and launches.
- Will ensure merchandising strategies are in alignment with the seasonal business vision and goals.
- Will collaborate cross-categorically and develop and maintain key relationships with cross-functional partners to ensure alignment and collaboration at all key decision points.
- Requires a Bachelor's degree or additional 2 years of experience in lieu of degree
- At least 10 years' experience in merchandising, product creation, and or retail, in a vertical or wholesale environment
- Apparel merchandising experience
- Proficiency in retail and profit based metrics
- Assortment planning experience
- A keen understanding of the Nike consumer and marketplace
- A high taste level for product
- An ability to employ retail acumen and proven storytelling capabilities
- An ability to respond with speed and agility
- Candidate must be willing to travel 15-20% of the time