Posted on Jan 18, 2019 by Nike
Nike, Inc.'s storytellers, Marketing and Communication sets the brand tone. A creative force of specialists tell Nike's stories of innovation and sport through advertising, brand strategy, digital engagement and product presentation. Using channels ranging from retail stores to social media, Marketing & Communication teams connect the science and art of Nike innovations to the hearts and minds of athletes around the world.
As our Miami EKIN, in one of our East territory, you'll ensure sell-through of Nike's Footwear, Apparel and Equipment through optimal retail in-store training programs, evangelize of Nike's Brand and product innovation stories by means of personal consumer experiences, and provide local qualitative marketplace insight. You'll create and conduct dynamic educational clinics and effective in-store training visits. You'll collaborate with accounts to identify staff development opportunities and increase Sales Associate product knowledge and selling skills through one-on-one coaching. You'll provide product training experiences via fit sessions and active clinics. You'll be a part of the development organization and execution delivery of Seasonal Nike Account Universities.
You'll create and implement education plans through the effective use of EKIN samples, seeding, product trials, training tools and collateral, EKIN website, and SKU. You'll create energy and passion for the brand by sharing Nike's history and heritage. You'll implement strategic training plans to ensure educational plans are reflective of Consumer, Territory, and National priorities. You'll provide support to Nike sponsored consumer events such as expos, Sport Marketing events, sporting events, etc. You'll integrate into the community by participation and support of grassroots, consumer events and organizations. You'll maintain a connection with Nike consumer during Account Retail Days (on-floor selling). You'll utilize local market knowledge to facilitate relevant consumer focus groups as part of the Retail Brand Presentation product feedback process.
You'll work with the East Territory EKIN Manager to set an account and category focus reporting schedule that is reflective of both territories and National objectives. You'll use all opportunities to connect with Sales Associates and consumers to collect product and initiative wins/opportunities, current market trends, and competitor information. You'll communicate opportunities to increase Nike Retail presentation and training materials/processes. You'll perform EKIN responsibilities (when applicable) to include communication to the National EKIN team of account focuses, seasonal product assortments, and marketing/initiative objectives. You'll work with Retail Brand and the East EKIN Manager to participate in marketplace business directions and priorities.
You'll manage an account list, in partnership with the East EKIN Manager, to consistently reflect the top 50-75 doors within the territory. You'll provide information for marketplace Brand Campaign Feedback process and provide training support to direct Nike Retail channel in markets with Nike Store locations. In addition, you'll regularly participate in relevant territory and National meetings, conference calls, and account meetings and presentations and work productively as a member of the territory team - this includes collaborative efforts with Sales Reps, Marketing organization, and other EKINs.
- Bachelor's degree in related discipline
- 2-3 years' experience in retail, sales, customer service, coaching or teaching
- 2 additional years of experience in lieu of a degree
- Knowledge of the market or experience in the local marketplace
- Demonstrated knowledge of the market as it relates to consumer trends, local market, hot spots, and retail destinations
- Must have excellent presentation & interpersonal communication skills
- Must have a deep passion for the NIKE brand
- Ability to lift heavy objects and sample bags that weigh up to 50 lbs.
- Must possess a valid driver's license and valid automobile insurance
- Must travel up to 75% of the time
- Experience with an event agency or large scale special events
- Working knowledge of digital and social media and the ability to stay up on trends
- Connection to and knowledge of the competitive teen athlete and its influencers in the assigned territory