Senior Mechanical Engineer
Posted on Jan 19, 2019 by Anonymous
My client is a specialist in Estates and Project Management, Building Surveying, Architectural Design, Landscape Design, Building Services Engineering and Quantity Surveying.
To be an active member within the building services team. Delivering building services designs throughout; assisting with ensuring fundamental building services and sustainable principles contribute to building design, ensuring both compliance and quality of installations.
•Production of appropriate reports, drawings and specifications of compliant mechanical building services design including heating, ventilation, air conditioning, & water services.
• Preparation of design calculations on industry standard software
• Producing industry standard tender packages, undertaking analysis of tenders, monitoring and management of cost, quality and timescales.
• Undertake appropriate site surveys, inspections and monitoring.
• Be an authority on Building Services and Sustainability within the business.
• Adopt a proactive and leading approach within the business in the delivery of building services designs throughout
• Commence key early engagement with other professions ensuring fundamental and sustainable building services principles drive building design.
• Undertake RIBA stage 0/1 conversations with Architectural discipline to advise on Sustainable design principles on project by project basis. Coordination between the M&E disciplines and across the multi discipline business.
• Flexible approach to working, improving efficiencies by co-ordinating and utilising team resources and managing delegation of appropriate work to junior members
What you need to know Essential -
* Essential - Degree in an engineering related subject, accredited Masters in sustainable energy/environmental engineering or similar Desirable
* Chartered Engineer and or relevant experience in Profession with professional membership (e.g CIBSE) Desirable
* Accredited Energy Assessor (Stroma etc).
* Be a CIBSE Low Carbon Consultant (Level 5 or equivalent).
* Shall hold substantial experience (8+ years) in consultancy practice or for a large contractor in a design capacity Up to date knowledge of relevant Building Regulations, standards for mechanical installations High level of technical skill in Mechanical Building Services is essential.
* Proficient in Microsoft Office (including Word, Excel and PowerPoint). Hold experience and knowledge of Industry recognised thermal modelling, energy assessment and certification software.
The salary for the role is paying £25k to £40k annum with generous holiday package and company pension