Manager of Cyber Threat and Incident Response
Posted on Aug 23, 2022 by Request Technology - Craig Johnson
*We are unable to sponsor for this permanent Full time role*
*Position is bonus eligible*
Prestigious Enterprise Company is currently seeking a Manager of Cyber Threat and Incident Response. Candidate will lead the team responsible for predicting, detecting, and responding to cyber risk events corresponding to security and appropriate use threats. The primary objectives for the role will be to establish and maintain cross-functional relationships that enable end-to-end enterprise incident response and to drive the adoption of innovative technologies and practices that proactively improve our ability to prevent, detect, disrupt, investigate, respond to, and recover from sophisticated threats.
- Lead the evolution of a best-in-class security threat management program, incorporating cutting edge techniques in automation, machine learning, and distributed threat protection to broaden, deepen, and sharpen out capabilities to rapidly identify and eradicate cyber security threats.
- Collaborate with cross-functional stakeholders from legal, corporate communications, privacy, compliance, facilities, and business continuity planning to mature enterprise end-to-end incident response plans and develop targeted playbooks to address emergent threats to the business.
- Partner with architecture, infrastructure, cloud, and application development teams to establish and maintain comprehensive visibility into potential risk events across a hybrid cloud environment.
- Sustain an agile, threat intelligence-driven continuous improvement process that leverages micro-purple testing techniques, hypothesis-based threat hunting, and the MITRE ATT&CK framework to identify and prioritize development of missing or ineffective telemetry, detection capabilities, and response playbooks required to detect, prevent, and respond to cyber risk events originating from threat actors that are targeting Company
- Define the strategy for cyber threat management, including the maintenance of the roadmap of technology and process architectures that document the target and working states of cyber risk event management services and a multi-year plan to close gaps against the target state while keeping current with changes to technology and threat landscapes.
- Develop strong working relationships with other leaders in the information technology organization by providing continuous assistance and thought leadership.
- Establish and maintain relationships with suppliers and business partners in the information security industry.
- Educate, coach, and mentor a team on technical, interpersonal, and team dynamics, company policy & procedures, and other topics.
- 7+ years of experience defending heterogenous enterprise environments. Red teaming or other offence-oriented experience a plus.
- Experience with one or more of the following: cyber threat intelligence, threat hunting, detection content development, security data management, applied machine learning, cyber risk event triage and analysis, security incident response.
- Demonstrated skill in developing and presenting on technical concepts to non-technical audiences, including project and product managers and non-technical leadership.
- Experience in authoring, reviewing, and presenting technical and process documentation including requirements, architecture diagrams and sequence/flow diagrams.
- Hands-on experience in development, implementation, roll-out and operations of threat management solutions.
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices and best practices for the full software development and technology management life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations; Agile or Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) a plus.
- Previous experience with a major cloud platform, such as AWS or Azure
- Bachelor's degree in Cyber Security, Computer Science, Information Systems or equivalent work experience in the IT field