AWS Platform Engineer
Posted on Aug 23, 2022 by Hays Specialist Recruitment
AWS Platform Engineer - Market leading Financial Services Giant - Manchester with remote working to £60k!
Prestigious opportunity for an AWS Platform Engineer with a leading Financial Services Giant! This is a remote role, with an option to work in the Manchester office for those who want to. You may be asked to occasionally attend meetings in Manchester.
Platform Engineers are a key part of our Digital Technology team, you will be responsible for:-.
- Providing automation, tooling, and cloud infrastructure to our entire digital group
- Designing, building, and operating the platforms that our digital products and services run on
- Ensuring security, resilience and performance
- Supporting the infrastructure of IaaS, PaaS and SaaS, making the most of Infrastructure as Code technologies like Terraform, Packer, Jenkins, and git for version control
- Transforming technical requirements into an effective DevOps toolchain to enable product delivery
- Optimising deployment strategies for products, making sure they are repeatable, scalable, and highly available
- Participating in 24/7 technical support, as part of a sensible rota (paid overtime)
If you possess a combination of some of the following skills, then LETS TALK!
- Significant experience in a hands-on platform engineering role
- Proven experience working in an Agile/DevOps environment
- Comprehensive understanding of the full web technology stack (network, TCP/IP, DNS, CDN, HTTP/S)
- Expertise with Unix/Linux operating systems and tooling
- Ability to adapt and learn new technologies
- Previous experience coaching and mentoring others within the team
- Confidence working with colleagues across the business, at different levels of seniority, influencing and challenging where necessary
In return you will be rewarded with:-
- Opportunities to learn, grow and build a career
- The ability to work flexibly and remotely, so you can achieve the right balance between work and your personal life
- Pension with up to 10% employer contributions
- Annual bonus and incentive scheme
- Private healthcare
- 28 days holiday (rising to 32 in line with service) plus bank holidays
- Discounts on products and services
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.