Posted on Aug 23, 2022 by BT Group Plc
DevOps Engineer - Ansible
Ipswich - DV cleared - competitive salary plus BT extras
You'll be joining a specialist security team that is a trusted partner to governments worldwide, protecting critical national infrastructure and committed to the safety and security of our nation and global communities. Our mission focused work is innovative, inspiring and technologically challenging in a way that makes every day different and stimulating. We provide the opportunity to work on rare projects, with exciting tools and brilliant people. Everyone has access to unparalleled professional and personal development opportunities and your contribution is always valued. (SSG)
As one of our Technical Specialists you'll be taking the lead in a diverse, fast-paced, constantly evolving team. We use DevOps methodologies to deliver world class secure platforms that make a real difference to our customers. From bespoke software solutions to large-scale networks and platforms, you'll be involved throughout the stack in delivering the systems that our customers depend upon.
What you'll do:
- Provide the technical direction for the build and delivery of world class secure platforms
- Be hands on in all aspects of the design, build and deployment of customer facing systems.
- Use automation technologies and drive continuous improvement to improve the units' agility and reduce cost.
- Deploy and maintain monitoring and observability solutions to gain deeper insight into our networks and applications.
- Guide and coach junior members of the team and peer review their work.
- Have experience with DevOps methodologies and knowledge of Infrastructure-as-Code tools like Ansible.
- Contribute to a high-performance culture, empowering others through coaching and development using modern software development methodologies.
- Deliver, coordinate and prioritise activities, responding positively to challenges, using your technical expertise to support you and those around you.
- Be recognised as a subject matter expert in a particular area or technology.
- Be a collaborative partner, developing great working relationships with stakeholders, sharing knowledge and collaborating.
- Discounted BT Broadband, TV & mobile packages and BT products
- On target Bonus
- Share options and 10% pension contribution
- Professional development and paid for industry certifications/qualifications
- Flexible benefits/rewards including dental insurance, healthcare, gym memberships etc.
- Well-being support for you and your family
- 3 days paid volunteering a year
- Flexible and smart working (subject to business needs)