Fundraising Database Consultant
Posted on Aug 2, 2022 by Rights of Women
FUNDRAISING DATABASE CONSULTANT
Rights of Women charity overview
Rights of Women (ROW) provides free specialist legal advice to women experiencing or at risk of all forms of Violence Against Women and Girls (VAWG) including domestic abuse and sexual violence. We support over 3,000 women annually in England and Wales through our telephone advice lines. Our website provides impartial expert advice to 500,000 visitors a year
Our team of women lawyer advisers - 13 staff and 50 volunteers - provide a safe space for women to talk and receive free confidential help.
Background to current proposal
We are a growing organisation and our organisational income has doubled from approximately £350k annually to around £700k in the past 5 years.
We have 32,500 followers on twitter and over 11,500 followers on Facebook.
In 2021 we commissioned a strategic analysis of how to develop ROW s fundraising offer and this has identified that significant infrastructure work is needed to build sustainable support from individual donors. This consultancy brief builds on the recommendations from the consultant s report
ROW seeks a woman consultant who can lead on consolidating our current in-house databases alongside identifying and implementing a suitable Customer Relationship Management (CRM database) to support individual donors and businesses.
Our goal is to use this to broaden our current supporter base, in order to diversify and grow fundraising income, especially from individual donors and businesses.
The core work will establish an infrastructure for stakeholder data sets that we can utilise easily and effectively for funding, marketing and communications outreach. The work needs to enable GDPR compliance and to enable basic stewardship to be in place.
As ROW is a women-only organisation supporting women survivors of VAWG the work will also involve developing an appropriate approach to gathering and storing details of supporters who are women survivors with lived experience of VAWG who have consented to be contacted to contribute to the development of the organisation as a volunteer. Developing this aspect of the work may involve contact with women survivors.
We are looking for someone with suitable experience to undertake the following:
- Identify and consolidate all existing data sets of supporters and contacts including via liaison with key RoW staff (for example, data sets held on Mailchimp, Eventbrite, GoCardless etc).
- Identify and establish range of systems that will allow for effective information-gathering and fundraising in the future, for example setting up social media and digital reporting.
- Deliver a costed CRM database options appraisal report for RoW s Funding and Communications subgroup including triage-assessment of findings to recommend those that fit the specific needs of our organisation.
- Establish and implement CRM database including training staff.
- Ensure establishment of supporter stewardship including thanking, banking and regular updates on our work.
- Ensure all systems are fully GDPR compliant across all aspects of the work.
Timeframe for delivery of the work: We are looking for a consultant who can work remotely and independently and deliver a final appraisal report and implementation options within 3 months of start date. The consultant will be required to assess the number of days needed to complete the work as part of their work plan. We anticipate the role as part time and can offer flexibility around the working days.
Remuneration: We anticipate offering a day rate of £175 (negotiable based on experience).
Closing date: No deadline - assessment will be on a rolling basis; we seek to appoint as soon as possible.
Interviews: These will be held on a rolling basis.
Occupational Requirement (Equality Act 2010, Schedule 9 Part I) applies