Live-in Personal Assistant for Disabled Uni Students
Posted on Aug 1, 2022 by Askjules.co.uk
Live-in PA /Carer /Support worker for 1st year Uni student in Bristol
We are recruiting a team of Carers on behalf of our client, an 18-year-old, Uni student who is about to start his 1st year, studying Politics and International Relations at the University of West England.
Join his team of PA s who provide his personal care and independent living support. This is a great opportunity to really help make a difference to our client s personal achievementsAbout Our Client:
- Will be studying Politics and International Relations at the University of West England.
- Lives with Cerebral Palsy
- Full-time wheelchair-user, requires support with every aspect of his life
- Likes to be independent as possible
- Interested in most sports, especially tennis, football, cricket, rugby and horseracing
- Plays wheelchair tennis and enjoys going to the gym
- Looking forward to start his university life, will be commuting to Uni
- Likes playing board games and quizzes
- Enjoys comedy, have a good sense of humour
About the Job
This is a fantastic opportunity to truly make a positive difference to somebody else s life. To assist our client to achieve his goals and aspirations. You will provide our client's personal care, academic support and health and social care. This is also a flat mate type of role which goes far beyond simply care work, and includes all the fun things you'd expect a university student to be doing, like getting out and about to see friends and enjoying his university experience!
Our client is looking for like-minded individuals to assist him with:
- Personal Care
- Health Care
- Academic Support
- Driving him to appointments in his vehicle
- Social Support
- Daily Living
- Housekeeping / Domestic duties
Care experience is not required as full training in our client's particular requirements will be provided.
Position: Live-in - 7 days on / 7 days off
Start Date: Sept 2022
Pay rate: £150 per day
Free accommodation whilst on shift
Holidays: 5.6 weeks holiday pro rata
You must hold a full clean UK driving licence as you will be driving our client's vehicle.
You are unlikely to have experience in every aspect of our client's care therefore full training in his particular needs is provided.
And ideal applicant will need:
- To be calm, patient and caring with a friendly approach and a good sense of humour.
- To be Motivated and enthusiastic and interested in politics
- To be able to provide academic support, taking notes, scribing
- To have a mature and responsible attitude
- To be fluent in English.
- To be clean and tidy in both your appearance and ways.
- To be a good timekeeper
- To be reliable and organised and maintain excellent standards.
- To be a good conversationalist but also a good listener.
- smart appearance and have a sense of pride in your work
- A full, clean UK driving licence
You will be fully trained prior to starting, so previous experience of this type of work is not required
You must be able to respect our client's privacy and have an understanding of the need for confidentiality in all areas of your work.
If you would like to apply for this position, please describe your interests and why you would be suitable in your covering letter.
AskJules are agents for university students with physical disabilities who choose to employ like-minded Personal Assistants to provide their personal, academic and social support.
AskJules is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of vulnerable adults. All applicants must be willing to undergo the appropriate screening, including checks with past employers and an Enhanced Disclosure via the Disclosure and Barring Service