Senior ESG Associate (Client-side)
Posted on Aug 1, 2022 by Lewis Davey
Senior ESG Associate
Lewis Davey is delighted to be supporting the specialist real estate investment and advisory company Delancey as they look to recruit a Senior ESG Associate to join their team in the West End, London.
Delancey deliver commercial, societal and environmental outcomes through landmark real estate investment and development and do this by connecting their experience and long-standing partnerships to real estate innovation, proven advice and our creative passion for property.
Providing innovative, high quality real estate advice, Delancey are commercially focused and committed to the long-term success of their partners and customers. Agile, rigorous and intuitive in their approach to business, Delancey examine opportunities from many different perspectives. Delancey are motivated, direct and ethical in their actions and communications and they speak with honesty and courage. The team is accountable for their words and actions and strive to build a challenging and motivating work environment that rewards teamwork. Delancey acknowledge individuality both inside and outside the Company, respecting diverse work styles and lifestyles.
About the Role
This is a great opportunity for a seasoned sustainability / ESG consultant with experience of commercial real estate to get involved with high profile and challenging projects. The business has an ambition to have a market leading ESG offer.
The role involves:
- Develop/progress sustainability strategies, corporate programmes, disclosure and annual sustainability reporting
- Manage GHG emissions, including reduction programmes and pathways to net zero
- Support corporate and projects' environmental, social and governance (ESG) progress.
- Manage climate risks, adaptation, resilience and reporting (e.g. TCFD).
About the Candidate
With a relevant degree (ideally to Masters' level) in environmental sciences, engineering or sustainability and chartership/membership of professional institutions, Delancey is looking for an individual who has experience of delivering projects, developing strategy or implementing change across a number of sustainability topic areas. You'll have a passion for furthering the sustainability agenda and be highly articulate and numerate with strong people skills.
You should ideally have some experience across the following;
- Calculating Scope 3 GHG emissions
- Developing a corporate sustainability report,
- Aligning companies' decarbonisation programmes with the Science Based Targets initiatives (SBTi) approach
- Initiating and preparing a comprehensive programme of ESG initiatives
- Developing a Circular Economy strategy for construction products
- Overseeing 'cradle to grave' Life Cycle Assessments for products
- Analysing the Social Return on Investment for elements of our CSR programme.
- Working on the alignment gaps to TCFD recommendations, developing actions plans and helping to implement
- Manage large sustainability data collection programmes coordinating multiple parties
- Monitoring and analysis of sustainability data
- Coordination of building-level sustainability improvement programmes
- Sustainability disclosure / reporting advisory and management (e.g. GRESB, INREV, EPRA, UNPRI, TCFD)
- Analysing and researching sustainability and climate change challenges and using best practice tools and approaches (such as SBTi, CDP, GRESB) to provide industry-leading advice
- Analysing, manipulating and interpreting quantitative carbon data (e.g. in a materiality assessment, carbon action plan) in line with best practice such as ISO14064 and the GHG Protocol.
- Some experience of one, or more of these areas would be useful: carbon accounting; Scope 3 emissions; life cycle assessment (LCA); science-based targets, CDP disclosures and ISO 14064 GHG inventory production and/or verification
- Detailed understanding of UK environmental legislation (ESOS, EPCs, MEES)
- Advanced IT skills
- Understanding of managing projects to a budget
Applicants should be fully competent in conducting numerical analyses in Excel, and the production of concise, impactful written/presentation outputs to communicate to clients/investors.
Preferable you will hold Membership of an appropriate and recognised professional body (e.g. Chartered
Environmentalist, IEMA Practitioner Membership), have some exposure to Environmental and Energy Audit Experience for commercial buildings and be a BREEAM in Use Assessor, Fitwel, or WELL Accredited Practitioner.
This recruitment is being exclusively managed by the boutique sustainability and ESG search firm Lewis Davey. For more details please contact us on or through