Senior Sustainability Specialist (Building Performance)
Posted on Aug 1, 2022 by Lewis Davey
Lewis Davey are delighted to be working with a leading M&E Consultancy. Looking for a London-based senior sustainability specialist to lead a team of consultants, delivering a wide range of services to clients in the built environment.
Responsibilities and Duties
• Undertake performance analysis including but not limited to embodied carbon/whole building lifecycle analysis, daylight, energy, and climate analysis.
• Facilitate client meetings and workshops to discuss analysis findings, opportunities, and sustainability strategy implementation.
• Provide oversight and coordinate integration of lifecycle assessment, energy modelling, daylighting, thermal comfort, and other technical analysis in projects.
• Coordinate the work of multiple consultants and supervise the work of project team members
• Identify and maintain awareness of current and emerging technologies, tools, and methods as they impact the delivery of green building design.
• Track local regulations and incentives and provide guidance to clients.
Qualifications and Skills
• Bachelor or master's degree in sustainable building, architecture, engineering or related field, or equivalent work experience.
• Experience in a related field (Energy Modelling and Building Physics) for a minimum of 5 years post-graduate.
• Experience with organisational carbon foot printing, climate action planning, climate change resiliency assessment, and/or environmental and social governance (ESG) a plus.
• Strong knowledge of lifecycle assessment and integration of embodied carbon into sustainability goals.
• Strong knowledge of building performance analytics, climatic and passive design principles, and integrative design practice.
• Good knowledge of building systems, project management, and consultant coordination.
• Ability to provide technical oversight in other areas of high-performance sustainability a plus (e.g., certification management, specification writing, materials selection, cost, and life cycle studies, etc.). • Strong leadership, communication, and relationship management skills.
• Strong writing, speaking, organisational skills, and technical presentation ability.
• Self-directed and able to synthesize new information quickly.
• Advanced proficiency in at least one of the following tools/ software packages: IES-VE (compulsory), Energy Plus, OpenStudio, Grasshopper Honeybee Energy Modelling, LCA software OncClick LCA.
• Proficient user of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and other visualisation tools.
• Familiarity with Autodesk tools.
• Proficiency with UK codes.
• Familiarity with relational databases and data analytics software such as Tableau or PowerBI a plus.
• Proficiency with Passivhaus a plus.
• Understanding of Environmental Assessment procedures (BREEAM, LEED etc).
• Good understanding of application and integration of renewable technologies. Desirable
• Good understanding of building services and mechanical systems.
• Experience in carrying out thermal simulations/ analysis following, "Building Regulation Part L" approach, CIBSE TM52 overheating assessment, and CIBSE TM54 energy modelling guidelines and benchmarks.
• Good to Excellent Graphic skills. Experience in the use of the following tools/ software packages: Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, and other adobe tools.
• Professional accreditations highly preferred: LEED, BREEAM, WELL, Fitwel etc.
• Chartered or Registered to a professional board (C.Env., C.Eng., MCIBSE, MIE, MIEMA ), or working towards this status.
• Experience in operational carbon calculation principals (ideally in an international context).
• Good understanding of bioclimatic, low-energy and passive design of buildings, including CIBSE AM10 Natural Ventilation sizing methodology.
• Excellent knowledge of Low and Zero Carbon technologies and their application to the built environment
• 28 days annual leave (plus bank holidays)
• Auto-Enrolment Pensions Scheme
• Healthcare with discounted gym membership included
• Life Insurance
• We recognise and appreciate the importance of our employees' work life balance, and so offer flexible and hybrid working opportunities upon agreement
• Wellness Days
• Professional membership subscription
• Assistance with Professional registration
• Rewards and Recognition scheme