Senior Director, Payments
Posted on Dec 18, 2018 by Etsy
Senior Director, Payments
New York, NY
Finance - Finance & Accounting
Etsy is seeking a Head of Payments. Etsy has a first-class, proprietary payments and billing platform. We are seeking an experienced Payments professional to report to our CFO and lead our Payments Operations team.
The Head of Payments will work to establish our overall Payments strategy and investment plan, working with stakeholders across the company globally. The head of Payments will have primary responsibility for prioritizing the roadmap of the engineering and product teams that support the financial and operations infrastructure, including the customer-facing checkout experience.
You are highly organized and skilled at building structures and definition in situations that are uncertain or ambiguous for a rapidly growing business.
This is a full-time role located in Brooklyn, NY, and reporting to Etsy's CFO.
About the Role
- Lead in all things billing and payments-related at Etsy
- Establish and execute on the payments strategy for Etsy including the operational and financial infrastructure and the customer-facing checkout experience
- Build, lead and mentor the payments operations team
- Own Finance, Accounting, Tax and Legal operational issues related to Payments operations, and work closely across functions to streamline processes
- Collaborate with Product Management and Engineering partners to surface optimization opportunities across the payments flow and develop new financial services products for Etsy's members
- Source new Payments vendors as needed and collaborate with Product Management and Engineering to explore new payment initiatives and expansion opportunities
- Interface with Accounting, Tax, Analytics, FP&A, and Legal regarding payment and billing operations
- Partner with Corporate Finance to optimize Etsy's FX and cross border payments
- Work with external partners to ensure proper reconciliation of buyer payments and seller payouts
- Create documentation and processes to ensure payment operations can scale to meet Etsy's and Etsy's customers' needs
- Partner with Legal to design Payments operations strategy within global Regulatory terrain
- Oversee partnerships with third party Payment Service Providers, Acquirers, Associations, Cards, and Banks
- 10+ years of related experience in Payments or Billing, preferably with international and cross border experience.
- Deep knowledge and experience in strategic analysis, project planning, execution, go-to-market activities, and 5+ years experience managing cross functional, global project teams.
- Understanding of Payments regulatory terrain (global), PCI, Scheme Rules, as well as payments risk management
- Payments consulting, marketplace, or e-commerce payments experience a plus
- BA/BS degree; MBA preferred
- High level of initiative, self-starter
- Excellent quantitative and communication skills
- Strategic thinker and excellent project management skills
- Ability to multitask and take on lots of different projects
- Financial modeling skills
Interested in working with us? Send us a cover letter and your resume explaining why you'd be great for the job. We value your unique talents and point of view, so feel free to tell us what you are all about. And if you write, draw, craft, or contribute to something you're proud of, we'd love to hear about it.
At Etsy, we believe that a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace makes us a more relevant, more competitive, and more resilient company. We welcome people from all backgrounds, ethnicities, cultures, and experiences. Etsy is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.