Senior Manager, Area Support (Clinical)
Posted on Dec 10, 2018 by Sodexo
Sodexo is seeking a Registered Dietitian with leadership experience (recent experience as a Clinical Nutrition Manager or General Manager) to support accounts in the Northeast covering 7 states. In this position, the selected candidate will support clinical/patient services account teams. The candidate will live within the territory, preferably DC, DE, MD, MI, OH, PA or WV.
Technical Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide expert advice and guidance relating to the clinical/patient standards and practices. Establish and/or implement standards for patient satisfaction, and monitor performance against those standards.
- Provide support regarding the proper implementation of operating standards and procedures.
- Ensure compliance with the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Standards, state standards, and other regulatory requirements. Provide operational support to existing and prospective client accounts.
- Support the implementation of new unit openings. Support the sales process by assisting with operations and costing analyses, and by providing technical support in the development of service proposals.
- Visit and inspect current accounts, providing objective feedback based on operational standards. Recommend changes in operations based on standards, identify appropriate resources, and assist in implementation plans. Perform inspections and audits to ensure contractual and regulatory compliance.
- Identify and clarify internal/external customer needs and expectations, taking actions to ensure that Sodexo and customer goals are aligned and met.
- Conduct inspection tours of facilities to provide information needed to develop a proposal for prospective clients. Lead National Initiative and/or Project work-groups. Coordinate regional subject matter expert network. Sell and implement the Comprehensive Malnutrition Platform, Medical Nutrition Therapy and TeleNutrition.
Typical Knowledge and Skills:
- Company/Unit Operations: Knowledge and understanding of unit operations to recommend, implement, and complete projects.
- Program Management: The ability to establish courses of action for self and others, ensure that work is completed efficiently, adjust priorities, track progress and identify issues, remove barriers, and leverage resources.
- Project Management: The ability to plan resource requirements and secure resources to ensure the successful completion of designated projects and to effectively manage time and resources to ensure that work is completed efficiently.
- Cost Analysis: Knowledge of and the ability to perform cost analyses to support the sales and/or rebid process.
- Business Administration: Knowledge of general business administration. This includes knowledge of account development and account operations, and the ability to maximize profit attainment and profit growth.
- Food and Labor Management: The ability to schedule and manage the number and type of personnel resources or food products required to effectively execute business objectives.
- Culinary/Food Service: Knowledge and understanding of best practices, operations, trends, and standards in culinary/food service.
- Wellness Operations: Knowledge of the methodologies and techniques pertinent to nutrition, including the analysis, appraisal, and evaluation of diets, recipes, formulas, menus, etc., and the integration of regulatory, market, client, and practitioner needs.
- Customer Service Orientation: The ability to provide excellent service to external and internal customers.
- Communication: The ability to speak clearly and succinctly to others, using a pleasant and courteous tone. This includes the ability to convey information clearly to coworkers, supervisors, customers, etc.
- Software Use: Knowledge of software applications available, and the ability to recommend and use appropriate software in area of expertise.
This position requires 80% travel. Must be a Registered Dietitian with minimum of 5-7 years of work experience in hospital clinical management, health and wellness, and/or patient services. Master's Degree Preferred. The ideal candidate will have vast knowledge and experience with Sodexo nutrition and patient services programs, National and State Hospital Regulations, health and wellness, and third party patient satisfaction.
Serves as a subject matter expert for the Division relating to standards and practices for patient/clinical services. Typically aligned with a Senior Vice President or Vice President and supports that geography.
- Ensures compliance with the Joint Commission on Accreditation of standards and other regulatory requirements, as well as with Sodexo's templates and standards for customer service. Provide expert advice and guidance relating to the standards and practices for patient and clinical services. Establish and/or implement standards for client satisfaction, and monitor performance against those standards. Provide support regarding the proper implementation of operating standards and procedures. Investigate areas that do not meet Sodexo standards and recommend improvement strategies.
- Support a Division with deployment of account business plans to enhance customer service, facility layout and design, account profitability and retention, and client and customer satisfaction. Support the implementation of new unit openings, including the development and administration of training plans. Support the sales process by assisting with operations and costing analyses, and by providing technical support in the development of service proposals. Visit and inspect current accounts, providing objective feedback based on operational standards. Recommends changes in operations based on standards, identify appropriate resources, and assist in implementation plans.
-Perform inspections and audits to ensure contractual and regulatory compliance. Prepare plans for projects or major assignments (e.g., tasks, resources, time frames). Identify and clarify internal/external customer needs and expectations, taking actions to ensure that Sodexo and customer goals are aligned and met. Conduct inspection tours of facilities to provide information needed to develop a proposal for prospective clients.
- Ensure nutrition resources are current and meet regulatory, market, client, and practitioner needs. Plan and coordinate nutrition networking opportunities for dietetic professionals, including client updates for continuing education.
Coordinate participation of Clinical Area Support Managers and Dietitian Leadership Support Network.
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement - Bachelor's degree in dietetics, food management, or related field
Basic Management Experience - 3 years
Basic Functional Experience - 3 years of work experience in health care clinical management of outpatient services, hospitals, nursing homes, assisted or independent living facilities, long-term care, retirement homes, or clinics + registered dietitian.
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.