Posted on Dec 13, 2018 by TUI in the UK
The Integration Architect is responsible for ensuring the delivery of architecture for all integration work carried out either within the UK&I estate, between TUI enterprises or between TUI and external entities.
What you will be doing
The Integration Architect role has two main focuses, day to day solution delivery and adoption of strategy and direction
The Integration Architect works across all projects running in the UK&I to steer solutions towards the correct integration architecture ensuring the delivery process is understood and followed and maximising re-use by either directing solutions towards re-use or delivery of re-usable interfaces.
After helping agree the solution architecture, the Integration Architect acts as the governance point for all artefacts created by the integration team and as the final point of escalation for any delivery issues, taking ownership and resolving issues with running projects.
As part of ensuring delivery the integration architect is responsible for ensuring the integration delivery and support teams are trained on the overall direction and vision for integration and that solution architects, project managers and any other stakeholders understand the delivery process and their responsibilities within it.
The role may also include interviewing and recruitment and management of onshore technical staff
Strategy and Direction
The Integration Architect is responsible for maturing the UK&I integration landscape. This is done through raising awareness of issues to the Group Integration Function and running of projects to highlight and deliver improvements.
The Integration Architect is to act as the intermediary between the UK&I and the TUI Group Integration function, representing the UK&I issues and interests at the Group Level and ensuring group level direction and mandates are landed within the UK&I estate.
What we are looking for
- Strong technical knowledge and practical experience of all integration types including Batch integration, Real time integration including SOA, API, Events and Microservices.
- Experience of working with both on-premise and cloud-based (preferably AWS) environments
- Strong stakeholder engagement and management ability.
- Knowledge and pragmatic approach to architectural frameworks and architecture repositories.
- Strong pragmatic and demonstrable governance experience.
- Experience of working within a variety of delivery methodologies including agile, KanBan and waterfall.
- Architectural implications of performance, scalability and extensibility on system design and approaches for high volume transactional integration solutions.
- Reviewing technical designs and/or code created.
- Working with ambiguity and being able to solicit key information from project team members.
- A demonstrable ability to learn quickly and take on board a significant scale of technical and industry knowledge in a short period of time.
- Having excellent communication, presentation and inter-personal skills.
- A consultative approach to work and able to give and receive constructive fact based criticism where necessary.
- Being conscientious, self-motivated and well organised, with a high level of personal integrity.
- Strong commercial acumen and awareness of business strategy and IT alignment.
Working within TUI group
TUI UK and Ireland is the UK's largest tour operator with key brands including TUI, First Choice, Marella Cruises and Crystal Ski Holidays. Sub brands include Sensatori, Sensimar, and Family Life, as well as First Choice Holiday Villages and SplashWorld Resorts. Our airline is the UK's third largest with 62 aircraft operating to over 88 destinations in 30 countries. We have a team of more than 10,000 employees serving over 5.5 million customers each year.
It's our people that make us number one.
TUI Group is the leading tourism business with over 67,000 employees across the world. The Group includes our unique hotel portfolio, our cruise ships, our own aircraft, tour operators, travel agencies, and much more. At TUI, we have embarked on a journey of development towards a more digital, connected and integrated future. But we haven't arrived there yet. Join us now and shape the future of travel.
You can look forward to a competitive salary, pension scheme and further benefits such as generous holiday discounts, great rates with foreign exchange and discounts with retailers.
How to apply
Apply online, we just need a few details from you and your CV.
TUI in the UK
TUI in the UK
TUI in the UK