Senior Software Engineer - API
Posted on Dec 11, 2018 by Mimecast Services Limited
Job Location(s) US-MA-Lexington
Position Type Permanent - Full Time
More information about this job:
Mimecast is looking for experienced Senior Software Engineers (Core Java or C++) to join our high performance API Engineering Team. Ideal candidates will share a passion for tackling complexity with simplicity and building platforms that can scale massively and are not afraid of exploring unconventional solutions.
The successful candidates will have the opportunity to join a number of our core services teams whose main function is to develop real-time applications for the Mimecast grid. You will be working within exciting large scale processing environments where integration and performance is absolutely critical.
- Building high-performance, massively-scalable, always-available Cloud-based systems
- Participating in the architectural design, innovation and development of new services within the Mimecast platform
- Developing, deploying and managing software across the full Continuous Delivery life-cycle
- Supporting and trouble-shooting, occasionally outside of regular office hours when needed
- Leading and mentoring other engineers as well as liaising with other parts of the business
- Work with the infrastructure team to optimize hardware and software integration
- Expert knowledge developing and debugging distributed applications in a *nix environment
- Solid experience with concurrency, multithreading, server architectures, and distributed systems
- Strong knowledge and experience in testing and/or developing Web services (REST and/or SOAP) as well as a deep understanding of the HTTP protocol
- Knowledge of one or more programming languages including Java, C++ or SQL
- The ideal candidate would have knowledge in one or more of the following:
- Extensive knowledge of large storage systems, file systems, drives and/or tapes
- Extensive knowledge of email messaging and security
- Extensive knowledge of database servers and SQL
- Experience with Linux, Java, Ruby, Bash, Lucene, SOLR, Hive and/or HBase, or similar
- Experience with operating system internals, programming language design
- Knowledge of TCP/IP and network programming
- Work at our fantastic new headquarters building.
- An internationally diverse, sociable, dynamic team to work alongside.
- Conferences (attending and/or speaking) and learning resources.
- Company-wide tech talks with internal and external speakers, and a calendar of tech meetups hosted on the premises.
We offer a highly competitive rewards and benefits package including private healthcare, dental and life coverage. Mimecast is an entrepreneurial and high growth company which will provide the right candidate with a wealth of career development opportunities. All Mimecasters strive on being high performers, problem solvers, and team players with passion and integrity.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.