Equipment & Library Co-ordinator
Posted on Dec 12, 2018 by Business Back-Up Professional Appointments Ltd
They are looking for an Equipment & Library Co-ordinator to join their team. Reporting to the Clinical Equipment Manager, the jobholder will be required to provide an efficient & effective Equipment Library Service to North West Anglian Trust based at the Peterborough City Hospital. They will also provide support to the onsite management team & staff in the delivery of high quality Managed Equipment Service.
- Ensure items in the library are ready and fit for use
- Ensure requests are completed within agreed time frames
- Ensure collections are completed when items are no longer required, within agreed time frames
- Accurate record keeping and ensuring the equipment database is up to date
- Responsible for informing of any health and safety concerns you identify and for completing an adverse event form for any accidents, incidents or near-misses that happen to you or that you are aware of to reduce injuries or loss
- Confidentiality of all matters that they may learn in the course of their employment, meeting the requirements under the Data Protection Act
- Any other relevant duty that assists in the smooth operation of the Equipment Library.
- Assisting the EBME Team in the management of medical devices including collection and delivery and administrative duties as required.
- Accurate and timely communication with Clinical Equipment Manager.
- Delivery of medical equipment to requesting clinical area, within agreed time ensuring that all durables are complete
- Regular collections throughout the day as required by clinical need.
- Ensure that returned equipment is fit for purpose by carrying out inspection and functional check on return to the Equipment Library is escalate to designated technician
- Maintain a basic knowledge of equipment function
- Advise the Clinical Equipment Manager of any equipment issues that occur e.g. prescribing, advice on usage, maintenance, transportation or decontamination and highlight issues to the Clinical Equipment Manager.
- Respond to telephone requests for equipment
- Record all requests for loans on form and enter details onto equipment database. Ensure all requests, including those unable to be honoured or requested out of hours are transcribed
- Ensure equipment is decontaminated in accordance with Trust Infection Control Policy, prior to collection and return to Equipment Library
- Assist in monitoring the quality of the service provided
- Assist in the training and induction of new staff
- Ensure that equipment returned or collected which is approaching planned maintenance date is isolated and removed from service
- Ensure that all battery powered equipment is recharged whilst in the Equipment Library.
- Assist the EBME department in meeting KPI's by assisting in providing an effective Managed Equipment Service
- Previous use of equipment database
- Previous experience working in an equipment library
- Previous experience working within NHS environment
- Computer literate, especially MS Office, Outlook, Word
McCarthy James Recruitment Specialists