Registered Dietitian 1
Posted on Dec 10, 2018 by Sodexo
Sodexo is seeking a Full time Clinical Dietitian to join our dynamic team at Holston Valley Medical Center, one of Tennessee's six Level 1 trauma centers. This hospital is a 300+ bed acute care hospital and is located 1.5 hours from Knoxville, TN and 1.5 hours from Asheville, NC.
The Dietitian will report to the Clinical Nutrition Manager and selected candidate will:
- Be a Registered Dietitian with 0-1 year experience in acute care setting and critical care. Licensure in Tennessee is required
- Maintain responsibility for comprehensive nutrition assessments/reassessments, intervention including nutrition support, education, and counseling of acute care patients per the Nutrition Care Process model
- Collaborate with multi-disciplinary teams to establish quality improvement protocols
- Have excellent time management skills, be organized and be a self-starter
- Will be responsible for helping with weekend coverage on a rotating basis as well as rotating holiday coverage
- Serves as Site Preceptor for dietetic interns
- Assist in maintaining Sodexo standards as well as the preparation and readiness for accreditation and regulatory visits.
To learn more visit:
To learn more about what Sodexo has to offer Registered Dietitians and view open positions, go to our Clinical Microsite:
Responsible for providing direct basic nutrition services
-Provides nutrition care to population served to ensure needs and customer satisfaction levels are met.
-Maintains and develops client relationships and client satisfaction to ensure account retention.
-Manages, promotes, and educates others on food and nutrition programs according to Sodexo standards and policy.
-Collaborates and communicates with culinary and clinical departments on established processes, special diets, and menu requests and probes potential problems and apprises manager of status on resolution of problems or issues, using appropriate Sodexo resource when necessary.
-Ensures compliance with all federal, state and local regulations as well as Sodexo/client policies and procedures (e.g. Health Dept., HIPAA/Privacy Act, Joint Commission, quality assurance, safety, operations, and personnel) by keep abreast of the most recent nutrition-related trends, research, policy, certifications, and standards of practice.
-Follows operating standards, implements quality improvements and communicates them to other departments..
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement - Bachelor's Degree
Basic Functional Experience - M eets eligibility requirements for certification as a Registered Dietitian
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.