Air Quality Professional
Posted on Dec 11, 2018 by SCS Engineers
SCS Engineers is an employee-owned environmental consulting and contracting firm that designs and implements sustainable environmental solutions. Our core capabilities are: solid and hazardous waste management, landfill gas, environmental due-diligence and assessment, brownfields redevelopment , site remediation, renewable energy, and regulatory compliance for businesses and municipalities responsible for protecting our air, water, and soil. Our employees take pride in their work, and together, we have the singular vision to be the environmental firm of choice for clients and our employee owners. If you thrive in a friendly, collaborative company and desire dynamic and challenging work among a team of innovative individuals, then SCS is the place for you. Do you have the innovative spirit we are looking for?
To support our ongoing environmental consulting business efforts, SCS Engineers is looking for an Air Quality Professional to become a long-term asset to our Bellevue (Seattle), WA or Portland, OR operations. The individual will contribute to and help expand SCSs growing air practice in the Pacific Northwest. This individual will be required to complete technical air permitting and compliance program work, assist with client contact, and manage the schedule and work performed consistent within SCSs quality control standards.Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Air quality permitting and compliance; greenhouse gas emissions compliance; general regulatory compliance; various permitting for industrial and solid waste facility projects.
- Reviewing and negotiating air permit conditions that are favorable toward our clients business units while maximizing operational flexibility.
- Assisting and collaborating with professional staff in the PNW.
- Assisting with business planning activities for the PNW operations, including strategic plans for the current and future PNW operations.
- Technical work may include completing calculations, preparing and reviewing annual emission inventories, reviewing compliance issues, preparing permitting documentation, reviewing data, research, and report writing as well as related services.
- Client interface, business development, and proposal writing.
- Participating in local professional/industry organizations.
- Coordinating with air quality and compliance staff at other SCS offices to enhance and expand the firm capabilities.
- Bachelors of Degree or higher in relevant Science or Engineering discipline required.
- Five or more years of related experience in Air Quality and/or related disciplines required.
- Professional Certifications: (PE, EIT, CSP, CHMM, PMP, etc.) preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge in Air Compliance required.
- Strong communication skills, oral and written (technical).
- Excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Familiarity with MS Office software (MS Word, MS Excel, etc.).
- Valid drivers license with a driving record in good standing required.
At SCS, you will have an opportunity to contribute to our strategic direction, help us continue to grow, and provide our clients with responsive, innovative, high quality client service. We offer excellent opportunities for career advancement and a competitive compensation package, including: medical, dental, vision, 401K, ESOP, paid holidays and PTO.
SCS Engineers is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). SCS provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran or disabled status.
If you have questions, difficulty using our online system and/or you need an accommodation due to a disability then please contact us about your interest in employment at .