Chief Engineer 5
Posted on Dec 19, 2018 by Northrop Grumman
The position includes responsibility for all technical aspects of assigned engineering programs throughout proposal, initiation, execution and closure phases. The position requires strong leadership and communication skills in addition to multi-discipline engineering understanding. This position includes technical authority for all aspects of engineering on program elements (systems/hardware/ software/support/integration and test) and leadership of a multi-disciplined engineering team; managing the technical performance
of the product/program and satisfying the allocated cost and schedule requirements.
Responsibilities may include engineering leadership for system architecture development, requirements development, hardware/software design, verification and validation activities, and production program engineering support. A person
in this position ensures that the program is adhering to sound engineering processes in the development, production, test and sustainment of products for our customers and that the program and product is compliant with company policy, procedures, and quality standards.
- BS or higher in an engineering or closely-related discipline
- U.S. citizen required
- Ability to obtain a secret clearance and higher clearances
- >14 years of experience in engineering development environment
- >7 years of experience leading/managing engineering development
- Strong communication skills
- Candidates should understand the various processes tailored to engineering disciplines.
- Candidates should have background and understanding in various tools and techniques associated with cost/schedule management, and have experience leading efforts through the entire engineering lifecycle.