Chief Engineer, Power Systems Engineering
Posted on Dec 16, 2018 by Halliburton Energy Services
The employer is an Energy management company
- Cultivate a culture of innovation in electrical power systems technology. Ensure that state-of-the-art technology is applied in the development of new technical solutions.
- Provide oversight of design integrity, development of design standards / processes, and detailed engineering design reviews.
- Lead the specification & design of industrial electrical distribution systems, generators, motors, low & medium voltage switchgear, and protection systems for mobile applications including micro-grids.
Education / Experience / Knowledge:
- Skills acquired through the completion of an undergraduate degree in Electrical Engineering or similar discipline and 10 years of related experience. Completion of a masters or doctoral degree in Electrical Engineering or similar discipline is preferred.
- Prefer a minimum of Master's degree in electrical engineering with at least 10 years of electrical power systems engineering experience or related/applicable experience. PhD degree is highly desired but not required.
- Past experience in oil & gas and power generation preferred. Experience in large-scale industrial processes (chemical, pharmaceutical, oil & gas refining) is essential to be successful in this role.
- Knowledgeable in the application of engineering tools and methodologies like Failure Modes and Effects Analysis (FMEA), Design of Experiments (DoE), Design for reliability & manufacturability (DfR/DfM), Design Verification, and Quality Function Deployment (QFD).
- Expert understanding of power systems engineering (low & medium voltage), switchboard design, protection systems, and electric machine design / selection.
- Deep understanding mobile power generation (both gas turbine & diesel)
- Candidates having qualifications that exceed the minimum job requirements will receive consideration for higher-level roles given (1) their experience, (2) additional job requirements, and/or (3) business needs. Depending on education, experience, and skill level, a variety of job opportunities might be available, including R&D Electrical Engineer Advisor, Senior Electrical Engineer Advisor, up to the Chief Engineer.
Competencies, skills, and abilities:
- Ability to read and interpret electrical and mechanical drawings and diagrams, electrical schematics, piping and instrument drawings (P&IDs), flow charts and cause and effect diagrams.