Financial Services Graduate
Posted on Dec 17, 2018 by PA Consulting Group
The impact of regulation, new technology and increasingly connected customers has changed the face of financial services. And the tide of disruption shows no signs of stopping.
Financial Services at PA Consulting Group:
We help financial services firms evolve, improve and meet the disruptive forces of technology, regulation and changing customer expectations. We work across Banking, Insurance and Asset
Management, as well as with the regulators themselves giving us unique insights that other consultancies can't match.
Our capabilities include:
- Disruptive change - making innovation a reality by helping clients react quickly to keep pace, but also stay safe as new opportunities and technologies
- Experience agile - we have extensive experience in leading successful Agile programmes
- Risk and compliance - we help our clients respond to an increasingly diverse set of risks, to think beyond compliance and to ensure risk management and regulatory programmes support their business ambitions.
- A bold approach to RegTech - our deep regulatory knowledge combined with our technology insights means we can recommend RegTech solutions tailored to our clients' specific needs.
- Future of fin crime - our financial crime experts have lead major KYC and remediation work across the UK and the Nordics.
Your role in Financial Services:
Planning, organising and managing for results by doing the following:
- Delivering project work with minimal but regular guidance from assignment manager - become known as a "safe pair of hands".
- Carrying out analysis of complex information and creating client facing reports and PowerPoint packs.
- Liaising with clients with no oversight and interact with senior clients when supported.
- Managing time effectively and taking initiative when unsupervised.
- Reacting quickly to changes in requirements, timeframes, constructively.
- Understanding the importance of building client relationships and striving to understand their needs.
- Supporting sales activities within the practice such as support account and proposition teams.
What you'll bring to Financial Services:
- On track to achieve a 2:1 degree minimum
Industry knowledge and experience:
- Has a good knowledge of one of the core industry areas (i.e. retail banking or insurance) or service areas (e.g. risk or compliance).
- Is aware of industry issues within core areas e.g. can name some recent regulations
- Can convey key messages and present information to stakeholders in an effective manner.
- Has strong interpersonal skills and can work collaboratively with others.
Capable of handling change:
- Will respond to change enthusiastically, seeing it as an opportunity to learn or develop.
- Is willing to travel on business.
Ideal but not essential:
- Some work experience in a financial services firm or consultancy.
The start date for this role will be April or September 2019.
We believe that diversity makes us a stronger firm and look to employ people with different ideas, styles and skillsets. This diversity stimulates a rich, creative environment - one in which our people develop, and our clients enjoy enduring results. We're committed to recruiting, promoting and rewarding our people solely based on their ability to contribute to PA's goals, without regard to their sex, race, disability, religion, national origin, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age or marital status.
We welcome international applications, but we are unable to offer sponsorship for work permits, so you will need to have the full right to live and work in the UK. Unfortunately, your application will be automatically rejected if you do not have these rights.
About PA Consulting Group
Bringing Ingenuity to Life
We're an innovation and transformation consultancy that believes in the power of ingenuity to build a positive-human future in a technology-driven world. Our diverse teams of experts combine innovative thinking with breakthrough-technologies to progress further, faster.
With a global network of FTSE 100 and Fortune 500 clients, we'll offer you unrivalled opportunities for growth and the freedom to excel. Combining strategies, technologies and innovation, we turn complexity to opportunity and deliver enduring results, enabling you to build a lasting career.
Isn't it time you joined us?