Commercial Graduate Scheme
Posted on Dec 12, 2018 by Philips
We offer several different types of commercial graduate scheme
- Health systems; rotating between operations, sales and marketing
- Sleep & respiratory care; rotating between operations and sales
- Personal health; rotating between sales and operations
Further information on rotations
- Marketing Management - Understand and research a wide variety of markets and help devise strategies to best launch Philips' latest
- Operations - support and lead projects to improve our customer experience within our service offerings
- Sales - work in the field visiting existing or new customers to help them design the best service solution for their organization, and manage ongoing accounts.
You are a part of
The Philips Graduate Programme, which is designed to discover future leaders and incorporate you into the Philips business where your new ideas and passion will shape the Philips business of tomorrow. You will have strong support networks with business managers, mentors and current graduates who have gone through the programme before. You will be supported with a comprehensive personal development and training plan over the two year scheme.
Although you will be globally mobile, you will initially be based at our UK headquarters in Guildford, Surrey (unless you are on the sales rotation, during which you are likely to be London based). You may occasionally be required to travel locally and sometimes abroad. Our headquarters in Guildford is a vibrant and exciting (professionally and socially) place to be based. Besides working within your individual teams and Sectors, you will network with the wider organization.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following:
- Minimum 2:1 degree in any degree (Bachelors or Masters)
- You will have long term career ambitions for leadership roles in a commercial areas such Sales, Marketing, Operations or Strategy
- You will have first class communication, planning and organizational skills
- You will demonstrate a high level of energy, drive and passion in pursuing work objectives and a total commitment to achieving successful outcomes.
- You will be adaptable and socially confident, enabling you to build strong relationships quickly, which will be key to your success. In essence, you will already be naturally demonstrating our behaviors of Eager to win, Take Ownership and Team up to Excel. This will be evidenced by your academic and extra curricular activities.
In return, we offer you
Philips is quick to recognize emerging talent and nurture success. If you are passionate about what you do and determined to be successful we will support you and your career development. There are no wrong questions at Philips and we challenge our employees and graduates alike to ask and learn. Philips is rapidly evolving which creates an exciting and vibrant work environment.
In addition to a competitive salary, you will also have access to a comprehensive flexible benefits package including 25 days of holiday (plus bank holidays), pension plan, learning and development opportunities through Philips University amongst others. The Philips Employee Shop allows employees to buy Philips products at discounted prices and there is a subsidised café promoting healthy eating and wellbeing at the Guildford site. There is also an active Social Events - a dedicated Sports & Social committee promoting a host of social events throughout the year including the famous Family Sports Day at Surrey Sports Park.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It's a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
Please apply online as early as possible by submitting your CV (inclusive of all grades and dates) and covering letter. If you are progressed through this stage, you will be asked to attend a telephone or Skype interview. Following this the final stage will be interviews in early 2019 ahead of the September start. Please apply as soon as possible as applications will be assessed on a first come first served basis.