Change and Business Solutions Graduate Programme
Posted on Dec 11, 2018 by RBS
Innovation within the Financial Services industry is crucial to remaining commercial and competitive. This pathway will use customer experiences, data and technology to support cutting edge insights, enabling RBS and our businesses to be more agile and innovative, keeping us ahead of the curve with the ever evolving needs of our customers.
About the programme
During this two year graduate programme you'll be working hands-on across several areas of the bank. You'll be developing relationships across the organisation, where you can influence and drive effective innovative change, and take on more complex situations as you progress.
You'll be rewarded with a starting salary of £31,850. On top of your salary you'll also have access to our flexible benefits package.
As a Graduate trainee on this programme, you can expect to:
- Interpret objectives and data in order to develop meaningful innovative solutions
- Develop commercial acumen and strong customer centricity skills
- Build an awareness of emerging technologies and concepts across the industry
- Build an understanding of agile methodologies, mind sets and systems thinking
- Gain business/data analysis, diagnostic and change management expertise
- Identify, define and manage specific stages of projects
- Investigate and identify innovative ways to improve business systems and processes
- Develop strong consultancy skills - build strong business/ stakeholder relationships across our organisation, matched with strong communication and influencing abilities to drive through change
- Develop critical thinking, creative problem solving, innovation, design thinking and change ready capabilities
- Work on our customer journeys - getting front to back experiences
- Have the opportunity to choose the type of qualification you study, and where you would like to develop further
After a full induction, you'll begin your rotational placements within the Change & Business Solutions pathway. You'll go through four, six month rotations across different areas of our business.
At the end of the two years, we hope to see you join us in a permanent role. We'll be supporting your career development throughout, but particularly during your last rotation we'll focus on any skills gaps and how you can get the experiences you need to support you rolling off programme.
We pride ourselves on the professional support we offer our graduates, and the friendly, down to earth community our graduates have shaped themselves.
Before you start, you'll be paired with a 'buddy' (a graduate already on the programme) who'll be there to help you get settled, answer any questions, and share their experiences.
You'll also be assigned a Graduate Coach and a Placement Manager. Your Graduate Coach will be there to provide support throughout the programme, and will work with you to create a personal Capability Plan; your Placement Manager will provide rotation specific support, and will change with each placement. Together, they'll help you reflect on your progress, develop your career, and build your professional network.
To be considered for this graduate scheme, you'll need to possess, or be on course to achieving a 2:1 in your degree.
We're looking for customer-focused people who have a real passion for innovation: people who can work effectively within a team and openly challenge the status quo to develop effective business solutions. You'll need to have excellent communication skills, and an inquisitive nature, paired with a technical mind-set and analytical abilities.