Cell Manufacturing Engineer
Posted on Dec 11, 2018 by Modis
- To own the manufacturing system within the allocated manufacturing cells by the maintenance and continuous improvement of the safe and LEAN processes for existing and new products to ensure operations on time to standard and within budget within the allocated manufacturing cells.
- To support the existing products within the cells
- Provide manufacturing engineering support to the manufacturing operational team where needed
- Drive continuous improvement activities in quality, cycle times, cost reduction and process improvement through lean techniques and value engineering to enhance the capability of existing processes and waste prevention and removal
- To implement, own and continuously improve the manufacturing cells LEAN manufacturing processes according the guidelines of the Vacuum Technique Production System
- Elimination of routing and material variances impacting financial results of Product company
- Perform time studies for the assembly processes to create the correct routings and to the balancing of the assembly process.
- Accountable for the definition, setup, preparation and optimisation of manufacturing tooling
- Value stream mapping and specification and implementation of in and outbound logistical flows for the manufacturing cells
- Creation and maintenance of SOP (Standard Operating Procedures), technical specifications for manufacturing equipment
- Active training process, procedures, documentation and traceability to create and sustain the workforce competences within the allocated manufacturing cells
- Implement and maintain suitable metrics to demonstrate the effectiveness of the Manufacturing process in the allocated cells
- To design, prove, implement and maintain Cell manufacturing system layout
- Work with other departments and suppliers to support all the quality issues on components and products in the cells Perform root cause analysis and resolve issues as they arise from internal non-conformities or external FRACAS system in conjunction with quality department
- Active member of the manufacturing cells Visual Management setup
- Participate in the daily cell meetings lead by the Team Leader for the Zone
- Working knowledge of implementing Lean manufacturing techniques.
- Knowledge of MRP system (SAP preferred) and MS Office.
- Good interpersonal and team working skills in manufacturing environment.
- Confident with working on own initiative.
- High energy and motivation levels.
- Strong analytical, presentational and commercial skills.
- Strong communicating skills (English verbal & written).
- Excellent time management skills
- Degree in engineering subject or HNC/D NVQ level 4 In engineering subject with additional relevant experience.
- 2 Years experience in implementing the principles of lean manufacturing.
- Project management experience including implementation of complex and technically challenging projects.
- Experience of working within an assembly environment. Experience in optimising production processes as well as providing production support and training.
- Design for manufacture knowledge. Previous experience in key manufacturing principles such as TPM, 8D, 6S problem solving, product responsibility, continuous improvement process.
- Experience of utilising problem solving and root cause analysis tools as in a manufacturing environment. Use of risk mitigation tools to control risks within process and prioritise risk to be mitigated.
- Ability to develop technical solutions, compliant with requirements within agreed programmes and timescale.
- Acts to keep own knowledge up to standard and draws lessons from experiences, looks if necessary for information applicable in own work situation.
- Has sense of urgency and takes ownership
If this role is of interest please apply via the link or alternatively you can send your most recent CV directly to me.
Modis International Ltd acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. Modis International Ltd UK is an Equal Opportunities Employer. By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Modis. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information.
Walker Dendle Technical Recruitment
Walker Dendle Technical Recruitment