Posted on Dec 13, 2018 by United Church of Christ, National Setting
GENERAL PURPOSE OF POSITION:
Serve as administrative coordinator for publication projects of The Pilgrim Press and its imprints and of publication projects of Justice and Local Church Ministries, with responsibilities to:
(1) maintain production calendar for all publication projects;
(2) communicate with authors, vendors, and contractors;
(3) strategize with the Managing Editor regarding marketing efforts, social media, and general publicity;
(4) effectively execute administrative tasks for The Pilgrim Press, eg permissions, contracts, and reprints..
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Track all publication projects from development through completion, coordinating deadlines and affiliated paperwork in support of Managing Editor;
- As assigned, communicate with authors, vendors, and contractors;
- Manage copyright permissions for The Pilgrim Press and its imprints, and for other copyrighted books and resources such as the Book of Worship;
- Process accounting and contractual paperwork to support an effective publishing operation:
- Oversee the preparation and processing of publishing agreements and related forms (eg author information form, W-9);
- Keep master files in working order by adding new projects and culling old information and out-of-print files;
- Coordinate royalty information with accounting office;
- Manage copyright registrations and reversions for titles of The Pilgrim Press and its imprints;
- Provide strategic support and collaboration for the publicity and marketing efforts of The Pilgrim Press and its imprints;
- Coordinate reprints for titles of The Pilgrim Press and its imprints;
- Process author, contributor, and endorser copies upon publication of each new book;
- Support the publications ministry with daily mail collection, office supply ordering, meeting coordination for the Writers Group; check requests and reimbursements;
- Other duties as assigned by the Managing Editor.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required to perform successfully in this position.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent, plus a minimum of 3 years of demonstrated project management experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including demonstrated experience with communication through social media and other online platforms.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and interest to grow in the publishing industry.
- High degree of computer competence included demonstrated adaptability to new programs.
- Demonstrated capacities to be a self-starter, able to prioritize work effectively and to perform work with minimum supervision.
- Strong understanding of the need for confidentiality and discretion, and a demonstrated capacity for managerial and human relation skills.
- Commitment to be a team player who can create and maintain a team environment.
- Capacity and sensitivity to work in a diverse racial, ethnic, cultural, and religious setting with a commitment to pluralism in the workplace as well as in one's understanding of mission.
- Demonstrated understanding and appreciation of United Church of Christ polity, structure, and mission.
This job description is not intended to be a complete list of all duties and responsibilities required for the position and is subject to review and change at any time in accordance with the needs of the ministry. Since no job description can detail all duties and responsibilities that may be required from time to time in the performance of a position, duties and responsibilities that may be inherent in a position shall also be considered part of the position holder's responsibility.
It is expected that the person who holds this position will conduct themselves in a manner consistent with the policies of the UCC and in a manner that will reflect positively on the organization. All staff are encouraged to nurture safety within the work performed on behalf of the UCC by being attentive to self-care, education, maintaining appropriate boundaries, and the importance of referring those in need to supportive and helpful resources.
The United Church of Christ National Ministries is a Multicultural, Multiracial, Open and
Affirming, Accessible to All, Equal Opportunity Employer
Comprehensive Benefits Package Employer paid health, dental, life, and pension benefits Application Deadline December 28, 2018 About the Organization The United Church of Christ
Our faith is 2000 years. Our thinking is not.
We believe in God's Continuing Testament.
We believe in Extravagant Welcome
We believe the church's mission is to Change Lives
This position is currently accepting applications.