Posted on Dec 17, 2018 by Anonymous
We have exciting opportunities for Claims Handlers to join us in our offices based on Broadland Business Park. Life is full of unexpected twists and turns, but for every situation, we are on hand to make things simple and keep customers protected.
Here, within our Claims department, every one of our people is a great talker, listener, investigator, letter-writer and decision maker. Our professionals investigate insurance claims with the maximum efficiency and minimum fuss, in an attractive environment.
Unlike continually taking inbound calls, in this role, you'll follow up the claim, including taking care of the Third Party, Credit Hire Companies, Third Party Insurers and negotiating settlements as well as taking calls from customers who currently hold motor insurance with us and are looking to make a claim. These are customers who hold both commercial and personal policies and need to get their vehicle back on the road as soon as possible. You'll talk and listen calmly to our customers, knowing just the right questions to ask to obtain the right and relevant information to assist you in processing their claim and you will relish getting to the bottom of things. Only through meticulously checking facts and asking questions will you be able to weigh up information and make accurate decisions about the claim. With your strong work ethic and even stronger customer focus, you'll be able to put yourself in our customer's shoes, ultimately minimising the impact of the claim to them.
Are you someone who:
* Flourishes with a challenge where no two days are the same.
* Loves to deal directly with customers on the phone in their time of need and help to get them back on road.
* Enjoys negotiating with people and making decisions based on facts, as well as challenging the status quo.
* Is quick to adjust your work priorities to meet changing demand.
* Is a great teammate.
What we are looking for:
* Excellent communication both written and oral together with questioning skills.
* Strong negotiation and influencing skills along with the ability to listen and reason compassionately.
* A natural curiosity to identify improvements with a positive mind set and a can-do approach.
* Ability to deliver superb customer service along with a strong commitment to do the right thing for your customers.
* Someone who is prepared to take on challenges and has exceptional attention to detail.
* NO previous claims or insurance experience is required as full training will be provided.
What you will get for this role:
* Starting salary of £17,000 with pay progression steps in place and the potential to increase to £22,000+
* Generous defined contribution pension scheme.
* Annual performance related bonus and pay review.
* Up to 30% discount for some Aviva products through 'My Aviva Extras' plus discounts for Friends and Family.
* Excellent flexi-benefits package to include a matching share save scheme.
* Full training and ongoing support will be provided.
Working Hours: Shift patterns covering the hours of 8am-8pm Monday to Friday (Rotation of 1 late per week (11pm-7pm/ 12pm-8pm) and some weekends including Saturdays & Sundays. Average of 35 hours p/week.
Salary: Starting salary of £17,000 with the potential to increase to £22,000 (+ benefits)