Research & Analysis Manager
Posted on Dec 18, 2018 by Morgan Hunt UK Limited
Key Responsibilities (including but not limited to):
* Lead on developing and delivering a robust Children's services performance management framework and underpinning a Service Level Agreement in line with statutory and regulatory requirements, national policy and local drivers to support the continuous improvement of services and residents' outcomes. Work in close collaboration with Assistant Directors and their management teams, engaging and consulting with other key stakeholders across the Council and external partners e.g. central government, Ofsted, as required.
* Lead the Research and Information team to efficiently deliver accurate data for statutory returns, Ofsted inspections and performance reports for and on behalf of Children's Schools and Families ensuring data integrity.
* Provide expert analysis and advice to aid the strategic decision-making process including high quality trend data and forecast information.
* Facilitate a large amount of internal, cross divisional (including Schools) stakeholder engagement and the evaluation of the products and services produced in serving the needs of and / or influencing, internal and external stakeholders.
* Manage the Research and Information Officers and Analysts, ensuring they are effectively performance managed, provided with sufficient and appropriate development opportunities and enabled to work across the breath of the departmental and partnership activities.
Key Requirements (including but not limited to):
* Exceptional performance management skills and sound experience within children's social care and education
* Sound experience in preparing and analysing the full range of statutory and census returns across children's social care and education
* Ability to manage and develop a team of performance and data officers
* Knowledge and experience of performance reporting from Mosaic (for permanent role we also need to specify Power BI) and the ability to translate output reports into management information.
* Good understanding of Information Governance, Caldicott principles, General Data Protection Regulations, Data Protection Act and Freedom of Information guidance.
* Sound understanding of the principles of performance management and quality assurance.
* Able to analyse, interpret and explain data and information drawn from a variety of sources: utilising a broad skillset to ensure that it is clearly and simply presented to a variety of audiences.
* Able to research, analyse and write clearly and concisely on complete and multi-faceted topics.
* Knowledge of research methodologies and / or advance methods of statistical analysis and their application and interpretation in a social care / social policy context.
* Knowledge of relevant legislation and national service developments affecting Children Services and Education.
If you fit the above description, please apply or send an updated CV. Alternatively, get in touch on .
Morgan Hunt is a multi award winning Employment Business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Morgan Hunt is an equal opportunities employer job suitability are assessed on merit in accordance with their skills, qualifications and abilities to perform the relevant duties required in a particular role
Kantar Group Limited
William Scott Associates
Cancer Research UK
Pro-Finance Recruitment Group