Advanced Teaching Assistant
Posted on Dec 14, 2018 by Lady Lumleys School
JOB DESCRIPTION: Advanced Teaching Support
GRADE: Band 6 (32.5 hours per week term time only)
Lady Lumley's School is in the market town of Pickering, home of the North Yorkshire Moors Railway and on the edge of the North Yorkshire Moors National Park. The school has 881 students in Years 7-13 with 134 in the sixth form.
To support teachers in all aspects of their role, including, but not limited to: supervision of classes for absent teaching staff, administrative support, working with students on a one-to-one basis, working with students alongside teaching staff and training staff.
1. Support the learning of students in lessons under the direction of the teacher.
2. Cover lessons for teaching staff as directed - including adapting of work as necessary and effectively managing students in the classroom.
3. Supervise and/or support students in internal and external examinations, including acting as an amanuensis where directed.
4. Communicate with other staff and parents as necessary.
5. Provide educational, emotional and physical support to students, using initiative and independent decision-making.
6. Work without a teacher present on a one-to-one or small group basis with students, planning work, preparing materials and carrying out clerical duties to help with the learning process.
7. Accompany students on school trips.
8. Support departments as directed with internal and external extra-curricular activities.
9. Provide administrative support to teaching staff.
10. Undertake relevant training and take responsibility for own professional development, including working towards appropriate qualifications.
11. Contribute to reporting and monitoring of progress and assessment of students and contribute to planning, attending and providing reports for students' reviews.
12. Work with other professionals, such as speech therapists, as necessary.
13. Attend relevant school meetings as required.
14. Attend to students' personal needs including help with social, welfare, care and health matters.
15. Help to maintain and enhance the school and classroom environment in order to support all student's learning.
16. Supervise home learning club at lunchtimes.
17. Train staff in own and other schools as part of the programme of the enhanced mainstream school.
18. Respect confidentiality at all times.
19. Be familiar with, and follow, all school policies.
20. Uphold the high standards within the school and act as a positive role model for students in terms of behaviour and appearance as deemed appropriate by the headteacher.
As with all job descriptions, it may be necessary to undertake any reasonable task required by the headteacher of the school.
In relation to Data Protection, Information Security and Confidentiality, all staff are required to comply with the County Council's policies and supporting documentation in respect of these issues.
This job description will be reviewed annually
If you decide to make an application, an application form and covering letter should reach school by 12 noon on Wednesday 5th December 2018.
Interviews will be held week commencing Monday 10th December 2018.
The Training Room Teaching Careers
BATLEY GIRLS HIGH SCHOOL
Zest Business Group