Class-A CDL Truck Driver, Local, Home at Night (Grand Forks, ND)
Posted on Dec 15, 2018 by Wilbur-Ellis
Do you have a Class-A CDL with Hazmat endorsement? Are you willing to work overtime hours during busy seasons? Do you have a positive outlook and excellent communication skills? If so, we want to hear from YOU!
For nearly a century, Wilbur-Ellis has experienced success and growth in marketing and distributing agricultural products and services. Join us and grow your career with a strong and profitable industry leader offering competitive compensation, tremendous growth and development opportunities, and a people-first work environment. Come grow with us!
General Purpose and Scope of Position:
Wilbur-Ellis is seeking an experienced career-minded Commercial Driver to be part of a close, efficient team that delivers goods and services to a diverse customer base using a company delivery truck. This position also stocks and retrieves packages and bulk containers. We are looking for someone who can drive a forklift and assist as necessary. A positive attitude and willingness to grow and build relationships with team members and customers is expected.
Key Skills and Abilities Include:
- Safe operation of company delivery truck hauling both hopper and tanker trailers
- Ability to work and contribute to a team approach with a positive attitude and outlook
- Willing and shows desire to work overtime hours during busy seasons
- Ability to be versatile, flexible, and willing.
- Can effectively multi-task.
Key Personal Attributes Include:
- Present a professional image to our customer through personal appearance and overall branch cleanliness
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Valid driver's license with Class A CDL or willing to obtain Class-A CDL. With endorsements for HazMat and Tank vehicles.
- Valid passport for Canada Entry of the credentials to obtain one
- Forklift Driver and Driving Certification (offered on the job)
- Knowledge and/or experience with agricultural operations (preferred)
- Requires excellent interpersonal skills between both customers and fellow employees
Specific Responsibilities and Key Deliverables Include:
- Ensure all shipments include proper shipping documents
- Perform vehicle safety inspections
- Maintain mileage and fuel logs on all vehicles
- Ensure no product leaves, or enters, the warehouse without necessary paperwork
- Meet and complete all WECO regulatory safety requirements
- Attend product training sessions and meetings when necessary
- Help maintain warehouse cleanliness
- Notify Supervisor or Branch Manager immediately if product spills
- All other duties as assigned
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive hourly wage (to be determined based on experience and other factors)
- Comprehensive employee benefits
If you are an internal Wilbur-Ellis employee, please notify your manager prior to applying for any position. Thank you!
Wilbur-Ellis is a company you can be proud to call your employer
Wilbur-Ellis markets and distributes agricultural products, animal feed and specialty chemicals and food ingredients. A privately held and consistently profitable company, we employ more than 4,000 people throughout North America and Asia-Pacific.
Wilbur-Ellis is for and about people
Wilbur-Ellis has enjoyed over ninety-three years of success and growth, all thanks to our people. Our employees are both leaders and team players who thrive on creativity, entrepreneurial spirit and a dedication to quality work, our customers and each other.
Wilbur-Ellis invests in the industry's best workforce
Wilbur-Ellis invests heavily in our employees by offering skill development and training, competitive compensation and benefits and a tradition of promoting from within for a broad range of career opportunities. And we foster a supportive, people-first work environment.