Class-A CDL Truck Driver, Local, Home at Night (Exeter | Lindsay, CA)
Posted on Dec 15, 2018 by Wilbur-Ellis
Do you have a Class-A CDL with Hazmat endorsement? Are you willing to work overtime hours during busy seasons? Can you bend and lift bags and boxes up to 80 pounds? Do you have a positive outlook and excellent communication skills? If so, we want to hear from YOU!
For nearly a century, Wilbur-Ellis has experienced success and growth in marketing and distributing agricultural products and services. Join us and grow your career with a strong and profitable industry leader offering competitive compensation, tremendous growth and development opportunities, and a people-first work environment. Come grow with us!
General Purpose and Scope of Position:
Wilbur-Ellis is seeking an experienced career-minded Commercial Driver to be part of a close, efficient team that delivers goods and services to a diverse customer base using a company delivery truck. This position also stocks and retrieves packages and bulk containers. We are looking for someone who can drive a forklift and assist as necessary. A positive attitude and willingness to grow and build relationships with team members and customers is expected.
Key Skills and Abilities Include:
- Ability to contribute to a team approach by being versatile, flexible, and having a positive outlook in your interactions with co-workers and customers - can effectively multi-task
- Willing to work extended hours during peak season
Key Personal Attributes Include:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Valid driver's license with Class-A CDL and HAZMAT endorsement
- Forklift Driving Certification (offered on the job, if necessary)
- Knowledge and/or experience with agricultural operations (preferred)
- Ability to operate material handling equipment including forklift, order picker, pallet jack and other equipment as required
- Requires excellent interpersonal skills to interact with customers and fellow employees
- Ability to repetitively bend and lift boxes and bags up to 80 pounds
- Present a professional image to our customer through personal appearance and overall branch cleanliness
Specific Responsibilities and Key Deliverables Include:
- Safe operation of company delivery truck
- Respond to inquiries in a timely, accurate, and appropriate manner
- Help maintain branch cleanliness
- Maintain mileage and fuel logs on all vehicles
- Perform vehicle safety inspections
- Meet and complete all WECO regulatory safety requirements
- Attend product training sessions and meetings when necessary
- Notify Supervisor or Branch Manager immediately if product spills
- Keep current on company training
- All other duties as assigned
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive hourly wage (to be determined based on experience and other factors)
- Comprehensive employee benefits
If you are currently a Wilbur-Ellis employee, please notify your Manager prior to applying for this position. Thank you!
Wilbur-Ellis is a company you can be proud to call your employer
Wilbur-Ellis markets and distributes agricultural products, animal feed and specialty chemicals and food ingredients. A privately held and consistently profitable company, we employ more than 4,000 people throughout North America and Asia-Pacific.
Wilbur-Ellis is for and about people
Wilbur-Ellis has enjoyed over ninety-three years of success and growth, all thanks to our people. Our employees are both leaders and team players who thrive on creativity, entrepreneurial spirit and a dedication to quality work, our customers and each other.
Wilbur-Ellis invests in the industry's best workforce
Wilbur-Ellis invests heavily in our employees by offering skill development and training, competitive compensation and benefits and a tradition of promoting from within for a broad range of career opportunities. And we foster a supportive, people-first work environment.
Exeter | Lindsay, CA