Operations Manager (Dalhart, TX)
Posted on Dec 14, 2018 by Wilbur-Ellis
Do you possess inventory management experience? Can you maintain an annual operating budget? Do you have strong supervisory and leadership abilities? Are you proficient in all Microsoft Office applications with a strong ability in Excel? Do you possess excellent written and oral communication skills with an ability to lead and influence? If you said yes to all of these questions, we want to hear from YOU!
For nearly a century, Wilbur-Ellis has experienced success and growth in marketing and distributing agricultural products and services. Join us and grow your career with a strong and profitable industry leader offering competitive compensation, tremendous growth and development opportunities, and a people-first work environment. Come grow with us!
General Purpose and Scope of Position:
The Operations Manager manages the interaction of support groups within the branch including warehouse, production plants (fertilizer, manufacturing), dispatch and purchasing. It is the responsibility of the Operations Manager to ensure each group operates efficiently to achieve their goals and interacts effectively with the other operation groups within the facility. Reports include plant, warehouse, and purchasing and dispatch managers.
Key Skills and Abilities include:
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Agriculture or Business-related field preferred
- Minimum of five years' experience in distribution with five years' experience in distribution with demonstrated track record in management. Agriculture experience preferred.
- Proven track record of ensuring safety awareness and ensuring safe operations
- Proven experience in talent development, performance coaching and effective feedback.
- Proficiency in all Microsoft office applications
- Must be able to drive safely for long distances
- Acceptable DMV report required
Key Personal Attributes Include:
- Strengths in teamwork and the ability to support and/or lead a team to meet changing business priorities and needs
- Dependability with strong organizational skills and excellent attention to detail along with ability to prioritize multiple assignments is a key attribute for success
- Ability to read, absorb, analyze and interpret written procedures and reports
- Ability to learn detailed and specific procedures and processes and execute them accurately and efficiently
- Customer Orientation - establishes and maintain long-term customer relationships building trust and respect from assigned team and superiors
- Tactical Execution - oversees the development, deployment, and direction of complex programs and processes
- Policies and Procedures - demonstrates knowledge and understanding of organization policies, procedures and systems
- Financial management - assists the Branch Managers in managing overall cost constraints to maintain monthly operating performance to include budgeting
- Project Management - assess workload and respond accordingly to maintain operating efficiencies and financial constraints. Detail and accuracy orientation to ensure completion of multiple projects within defined timelines
- Have a strong understanding of the need for, practices and maintains confidentiality
- Demonstrated and proven ability to lead and influence
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision
Specific Responsibilities and Key Deliverables include:
- Oversee all aspects of facility operations and support
- Provide daily direction to support groups
- Provide support to other team members as required to attain branch goals
- Recruit and hire new employees as required
- As part of an overall performance management plan, conduct annual performance reviews with direct reports, ensure that performance reviews are conducted for all other branch personnel.
- Provide coaching and feedback to employees as required throughout the year. Promote positive work environment and overall employee morale
- Ensure that all Branch personnel are properly trained in their necessary duties and suggest training to improve required job skills
- Ensure compliance with all DOT, regulatory and OSHA requirements.
- Present a professional image through personal appearance and overall facility cleanliness
- Attend EHS training sessions and meetings when necessary
- Comply with all Wilbur-Ellis safety and regulatory procedures
- Other duties as required and assigned
Compensation and Benefits:
- Annual Salary (to be determined based on experience and other factors)
- Comprehensive company benefits
If you are currently a Wilbur-Ellis employee, please notify your Manager prior to applying for this position. Thank you!
Wilbur-Ellis is a company you can be proud to call your employer
Wilbur-Ellis markets and distributes agricultural products, animal feed and specialty chemicals and food ingredients. A privately held and consistently profitable company, we employ more than 4,000 people throughout North America and Asia-Pacific.
Wilbur-Ellis is for and about people
Wilbur-Ellis has enjoyed over ninety-three years of success and growth, all thanks to our people. Our employees are both leaders and team players who thrive on creativity, entrepreneurial spirit and a dedication to quality work, our customers and each other.
Wilbur-Ellis invests in the industry's best workforce
Wilbur-Ellis invests heavily in our employees by offering skill development and training, competitive compensation and benefits and a tradition of promoting from within for a broad range of career opportunities. And we foster a supportive, people-first work environment.
All My Sons Moving & Storage