Retention Marketing Specialist, Seller
Posted on Dec 15, 2018 by Etsy
Retention Marketing Specialist, Seller
New York, NY
Marketing & Communications - Marketing
We are seeking an experienced email and push marketer to help expand the reach and sophistication of our CRM channel, working closely with our seller product marketing, seller content, and brand design teams.
Etsy's Seller CRM team, part of the Seller Marketing and Engagement department, manages the strategy, data integration, production, deployment, and reporting of marketing campaigns that help almost 2 million Etsy sellers around the world start, run, and grow successful creative businesses. We're passionate about helping sellers succeed and delivering, to their inbox and mobile device, the tools and education they need to grow their small business.
We're looking for someone who has had proven success in driving engagement and traffic and is excited by the prospect of improving channel marketing through data segmentation, content optimization, and product enhancements. Are you someone who can think strategically about messaging cadence, targeting, and user experience? Do you have a deep understanding of email marketing, technology, and entrepreneurship, and a strong desire to work for a company that does things differently? Then we want you to be part of our team.
About the Role
- Plan the Seller CRM calendar in alignment with the company roadmap and Seller Marketing team roadmap.
- Create and manage highly targeted campaigns by writing queries or working with data analysts to pull and validate audience segments, lists, and suppressions.
- Implement continuous optimization of marketing emails and push notifications, platform features/tools, and related processes to engage with existing sellers; optimizing success metrics including click rates, open rates, and unsubscribe rates.
- Collaborate with partner teams to launch experiments and optimize on-site landing experiences with a focus on meeting or exceeding Seller Marketing goals, including improving seller product adoption and seller growth.
- Quality assure and proof all marketing campaigns to ensure compliance with briefs, internal creative & editorial guidelines, proper tracking, and CRM standards, including CAN-SPAM/CASL/GDPR.
- Actively communicate with cross-functional teams on campaign briefs, deadlines, production progress, and delivery confirmation.
- Deliver and maintain analytics reporting that accurately and appropriately measures the performance of each campaign on a daily, weekly, monthly, and annual basis.
- Share daily and weekly updates on your work and your progress towards goals; give feedback to your manager so they know how to most effectively support you and the team.
- You have 3+ years direct marketing experience with demonstrated success in executing highly targeted integrated email and push marketing programs.
- You are an organized, efficient, and resourceful leader with solid problem solving skills, exceptional attention to detail, effective communication skills, and excellent time management abilities.
- You are agile and quick to adapt to the evolving business needs and objectives but also acutely aware of long term goals.
- You are highly collaborative and operate with integrity, confidence, and compassion.
- You are passionate about supporting small businesses and deeply care about the Etsy seller experience.
- You understand CAN-SPAM/CASL/GDPR requirements and inbox deliverability standards.
- You understand the basics of data segmentation and data attribution: Some SQL knowledge preferred.
- You have worked with a third party email service provider: Salesforce Marketing Cloud experience preferred.
Interested in working with us? Send us a cover letter and your resume explaining why you'd be great for the job. We value your unique talents and point of view, so feel free to tell us what you are all about. And if you write, draw, craft, or contribute to something you're proud of, we'd love to hear about it.
At Etsy, we believe that a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace makes us a more relevant, more competitive, and more resilient company. We welcome people from all backgrounds, ethnicities, cultures, and experiences. Etsy is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
BNY Mellon Investment Management
National Basketball Association