Accounts Payable Associate
Posted on Dec 12, 2018 by Etsy
Accounts Payable Associate
New York, NY
Finance - Finance & Accounting
Etsy is seeking a full time Accounts Payable Associate to be based in Brooklyn, NY, and reporting to the Accounts Payable Supervisor.
We're looking for an accounting professional with excellent interpersonal and communication skills who can work effectively across multiple organizational and functional boundaries. You should be highly organized and able to work through situations that are uncertain or ambiguous. You should be able to learn from failure and overcome adversity, cultivate strong relationships, and gently but effectively push yourself, your work and the people around you to the next level.
About the Role
- Input, process and code invoices accurately and timely in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- You'll hold a key role in our procurement process which includes training and process improvements.
- Process and prepare checks, wires and ACHs for distribution.
- Correspond with vendors and respond to inquiries.
- Input and maintain vendors in accounting system (Workday).
- Maintain records for all accounts payable transactions.
- Understand the Travel & Entertainment policy and monitor spending against the policy and highlight issues or concerns.
- Reconciliation of G/L.
- Assist with other projects as needed.
- 1-2 years accounts payable or relevant experience in a face-paced environment.
- College degree with concentration in accounting or business.
- Strong ability to prioritize and work well with competing demands.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Workday knowledge is a plus.
- Professional verbal and written communication skills.
- Outstanding organizational and time-management skills, with high attention to detail.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Working knowledge of expense report processing.
- Are not only driven by individual success, but the by the success of the team.
- Passionate about and interested in contributing to Etsy's vision, product and community.
Interested in working with us? Send us a cover letter and your resume explaining why you'd be great for the job. We value your unique talents and point of view, so feel free to tell us what you are all about. And if you write, draw, craft, or contribute to something you're proud of, we'd love to hear about it.
At Etsy, we believe that a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace makes us a more relevant, more competitive, and more resilient company. We welcome people from all backgrounds, ethnicities, cultures, and experiences. Etsy is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.