Software Engineer, Analytics Platform
Posted on Dec 13, 2018 by Workday
Join our team and experience Workday!
It's fun to work in a company where people truly believe in what they're doing. At Workday, we're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business of enterprise applications. We work hard, and we're serious about what we do. But we like to have a good time, too. In fact, we run our company with that principle in mind every day: One of our core values is fun.
You're a full-stack engineer who enjoys the challenge of architecting and building a robust platform geared for Big Data processing. You've worked in environments where you've focused on highly available web applications and are eager to build the application infrastructure to support these needs. You think not only about what is valuable for internal development but also about programmatic interfaces to enable customer success. You are eager to dig into our metadata model to improve end-to-end performance. You have the drive and spark to thrive in a fast-growing startup and crave impactful contributions and building technologies that delight customers.
At Workday's Prism Analytics team, we are leading the way in building an interactive, fully integrated, big data analytics platform complete with Hadoop and Spark based data extraction and transformations, high-performance MPP in-memory query processing, and rich visualizations. Our software provides browser-based direct manipulation interfaces for exploratory data analysis and visualization. In this role, you will work with a top-notch team to deliver enterprise-grade components and APIs for the application tier of our Big Data Platform. This includes being responsible for the design, implementation, and delivery of:
- Scalable and robust application tier components and services for our Big Data Platform including public and internal APIs, API infrastructure, message bus infrastructure, security, and authentication
- Metadata management and application lifecycle management components
- Query caching services
- Integration with third party tools and applications
In addition to an enjoyment of a collaborative, open and synergistic working environment, you should have:
- Experience in building scalable data-driven web applications.
- Strong systems knowledge and object-oriented design (e.g., Java, Scala).
- Knowledge of web servers, databases, SQL, REST, JSON, and persistence frameworks like Hibernate.
- Good troubleshooting skills and willingness to help the field and customer support teams, as needed.
- Ability to juggle priorities and make the right tradeoffs in feature content and timely delivery of features while ensuring customer success and technology leadership for the company.
- MS in Computer Science or related field and 2 years relevant software development experience or BS in Computer Science or related field and 5 years relevant software development experience.
- Experience with distributed systems like such as Hadoop and Spark
- E xperience in a start-up style environment