Maintenance Technician 1 - 3rd Shift
Posted on Dec 12, 2018 by Benjamin Moore
Benjamin Moore is proud to be a part of Berkshire Hathaway, which was recognized by Fortune magazine as the world's fourth most admired company. And for more than 130 years we've been a respected leader in the architectural coatings and home décor landscape; creating the products and tools that enrich and beautify thousands of communities each day. We recognize that our associates are the driving force behind our success and we strive to provide a work environment where hard work, creativity and purposeful collaboration are fostered and encouraged.
Join a company where innovation is constantly recognized as we look for individuals who produce world-class products, best-in-class services and customer experiences, design pioneering paints using the latest technologies and deliver unparalleled value and brand experiences for our customers and retail network.
- To ensure maintenance issues are resolved in a timely manner with staff compliance to best practices and safety.
- Follows all safety guidelines and rules; environmental and regulatory guidelines; uses all required safety equipment.
- Maintains quality and cleanliness of the work area and equipment.
- Troubleshoots and repairs machinery.
- Participates in preventive maintenance programs including process machinery/equipment lubrication, adjustments, cleaning and operating diagnosis.
- Coordinates with outside contractors and supplemental support when necessary, including repairs, installations, security, fire prevention, loss control, etc.
- Proper record keeping of all maintenance, security systems/controls, fire prevention systems/controls, etc.
- Maintains proper facility, and assets integrity including structural, HVAC, lighting, electrical, plumbing, boiler operation, repairs and improvements.
- Engages in implementing improvements to facility operations Health and Safety/Administration.
- Orders parts using purchase order system, performs spare parts inventory, performs building maintenance (lighting, plumbing, etc.), and conducts weekly tests on sprinkler equipment for fire safety.
- Provides guidance and training to all operators on skill development, processes and techniques.
- May need to fill in when necessary on off shifts occasionally.
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Minimum 3-5 yrs experience in a similar industry; prior experience with high speed packing machines desired.
- Should be able to work with various tasks that include pipefitting, motor controls, basic welding, preventive maintenance programs, machine alignment, hydraulics, compressed air systems, basic electrical systems, and pumps, basic PLC (programmable logic controls) systems experience.
- Basic technical skills including intermediate level computer skills (MS Office),
- PLC troubleshooting skills and WHMIS (an asset).
- Solid experience with pneumatic and hydraulic knowledge and trouble shooting skills.
- Awareness of lock out / tag out procedures preferred.