Information Security Engineer
Posted on Dec 14, 2018 by Affinity Executive Search
Our client has been named a Top Workplace by the Des Moines Register for 8 consecutive years. They offer one of the best benefits packages in the state of Iowa. The _Information Security Engineer_ will be responsible for shielding information system assets by identifying and determining potential problems based on security issues.
* Create strategies to be able to respond from a security breach and achieve open-source/third-party tools to help in detection, prevention and analysis of security threats.
* Install firewalls, data encryption and other security products and procedures.
* Establish information security plans and policies.
* Oversee networks and systems for security breaches.
* Create procedures to minimize the impact by conducting a technical and forensic investigation into how the breach happened and the extent of the damage.
* Provide engineering support to integrate security and compliance requirements into all enterprise information systems and projects as part of the SDLC process.
* Bachelors degree in Information Technology or Information Security
* 5+ years of information technology administration experience preferred.
* Experience with big data, cloud, and major virtualization technologies.
* Demonstrated knowledge of technologies and security.
* Experience with enterprise-ready technologies at a global scale including Windows, Unix, Cisco, Palo Alto; regulatory and industry frameworks and standards.
* Experience in web and network penetration tools and techniques.
* Tuition Reimbursement
* Health, Vision, Dental and Life Insurance
* 401(k) retirement plans
* Short and Long-Term Disability
* Paid Time Off
* Paid Holidays
Information security engineer, security engineer, information system, security, information technology, big data, cloud, virtualization technology, enterprise-ready, firewall, data encryption, network, forensic, investigation, compliance, MCSE, MCSA, GCUX, GCWN, CCIE, CCNP, F5, CISSP, CISA, CISM, GPEN, GWAPT, GCIH, GIAC, OSCP, CEH, Check Point, PCNSE, Windows, Unix, Cisco, Palo Alto, CIS, PCI-DSS, ISO 27000, NIST 800, HIPPA
Army National Guard
University of Iowa Community Credit Union
Transportation Security Administration