Careers Helpline Adviser
Posted on Dec 14, 2018 by Anonymous
There is an exciting opportunity to work on the national helpline providing careers information, advice and guidance to citizens.
The National Careers Service aims to provide everyone with the best information advice and resources which help them to make more effective skills, careers and work life choices.
Successful candidates will help provide this expert support which will allow citizens to gain positive outcomes in learning and employment. Using a range of multimedia contact channels including webchat, phone, SMS and email, you will provide information to citizens on a one to one basis.
Key Responsibilities and skills required:-
* Minimum level 4 qualification is essential
* Excellent telephone manner with the ability to extract and retain information from customers
* Ability to work on your own initiative and also as part of a team
* Excellent listening skills with the ability to interact with customers in an empathetic manner
* Ability to multi-task, source information and provide advice and guidance to customers in a timely manner
* Excellent keyboard skills
As part of our commitment to professional development Helpline Advisers will complete a NVQ Level 3 in Information, Advice and Guidance and will have the opportunity to progress onto higher level learning programs.
Successful candidates will be expected to work for 3and £10.25 for those candidates who possess a Level 4 qualification in Advice and Guidance.
Your must also be able to pass a criminal background check.
The start date for this is 7th January 2019 and must also be able to available to attend a 2 week training programme
If you are interested in this role, please contact (Apply online only) today
Old Mutual Wealth