Associate - Fire Engineer - London
Posted on Dec 10, 2018 by WSP
At WSP, theres nothing we love more than pushing boundaries. Harnessing innovation and sharing insights across our diverse, international team to create a tomorrows world that's cleaner, greener and safer. Join us and youll be part of an organisation that takes pride in its people and purpose: creating long-lasting solutions to meet the needs of generations to come.
Do you want to take a new challenge in your professional career?
Come and join our Fire Engineering team. Whether you have an Engineering background, come from a testing world and/or have construction site experience, we believe that our main strength is the difference in background & knowledge of our colleagues. So let nothing stop you from applying to join a great team!
Our fire team takes full benefits from being part of a world class consultancy with international collaborations, staff secondments abroad and global technical knowledge & projects sharing. 50% of our workload is internal and touches all sorts of sectors such as property & buildings, infrastructure, energy & industry, etc., giving our fire engineers exposure to the largest and tallest projects in the UK and internationally. We also make a point of having our direct clients, working closely with international contractors, hotel operators, shopping centre developers, etc.
Here is a brief selection of our great projects run from our London office:
- Buckingham palace
- High rise developments (22 Bishopsgate & 1 Undershaft)
- Broadmoor Hospital, Great Ormond Street Hospital for Children
- Cleveland Clinic/hospital, London
- The Shard Place, London
- Numerous commercial & residential developments UK wide
A typical week would include:
- Be the project manager for medium to large scale developments
- Be in direct liaison with clients and get the opportunity to develop these
- Assist in further growing our national team
- Mentor junior staff and assist in their professional development
As an Associate, you will have the opportunity to:
- Manage a range of medium to large scale developments
- Liaise direct with clients and get the opportunity to develop these
- Support management in business development
- Mentor and monitor junior staff and assist in their professional development
- Working in conjunction with a team of analysts using the most advance computer modelling to support the fire engineers.
We'd love to hear from you if you have:
- Excellent technical knowledge in Fire Safety/Engineering
- A thorough understanding of Building Services Engineering and interdisciplinary design through all stages of the design process
- A good appreciation of the importance of complementary specialisms such computer modelling, structural engineering and Building Services in the design of buildings
- Able to take a brief from the project lead and deliver & control the tasks required, within time and budget
- A responsible and accountable spirit
- An appreciation of clients needs, with ability to face clients and other design trades
What if we can?
What if we can have work-life balance? What if we can be rewarded in ways that support our individual needs? What if we can be accepted for who we are? Here at WSP " we can!
WSP recognizes that work is only one part of our lives and making time for the other things in our life is important " be that our families, our friends or ourselves. So, if working from home, working part-time or having flexible start and finish time will help with this let us know as part of your application.
As well as rewarding you with competitive pay, WSP offers standard benefits including a 37.5 hour working week, 25 days annual leave, pension schemes, life assurance, personal accident cover and paid professional subscriptions, and some not so standard benefits as part of our flexible benefits scheme " so if you would like to hop on a new bike (cycle to work scheme) or thrill the family with your Lego building skills (Discount at Legoland Windsor) " WSP can help!
Be you, be happy - we strive to have a friendly and inclusive culture which respects and maximizes the contribution individuals can bring to WSP. We recognise the benefits that people with varying backgrounds and experiences can bring. Our VIBE (LGBT + employee network) and WiL (Women in Leadership) networks work with the business to help ensure we continue to promote the right environment to enable LGBT+ and female employees to reach their full potential, and to ensure we continue to promote equality, inclusivity and diversity for everyone.
A liitle about us:
We value our people and our reputation.
We stand for attracting, developing, engaging and retaining the best professionals in our fields of expertise, because our people are what make us great. We put the highest ethical standards at the centre of all we do. We are professional, humble and act with moral and intellectual integrity, keep our word, treat everyone with respect, support our colleagues and embrace diversity.
We care about individuals and their progress and offer the most fulfilling career development for our professionals. We promote our young recruits because we believe fresh perspectives bring great ideas and new energy.
Find your career path at WSP.
Yolk Recruitment Ltd