Posted on Dec 9, 2018 by GlaxoSmithKline
This role involves the ownership of a group of applications within a portfolio and manages the full lifecycle while in production. This involves support, development, and continuous improvement of applications. This role also requires an on-going commitment to improve the user experience, lower the cost of ownership and balance risk for each application. This requires a balance of business process understanding and technical breadth.
This is an exciting role for someone who wishes to work in a high visibility position on business critical projects.
This role will be based in GSK Stockley Park (but there will be some flexibility to work from home / other GSK sites).
You will be responsible for ensuring continuity of business execution through ensuring production applications are:
• Fit for purpose (eg easy to use and reliable) and support the evolving business processes
• Are cost effective - total cost of ownership is at an optimal level.
• Meets an agreed Risk Profile (eg aging of technologies, controlled regarding regulated applications, aligned with business continuity)
• You will also provide the linkage of technology and business process understanding to quickly restore service, including the creation of facile and creative workarounds, as necessary across 4-5 business processes/services and associated applications (10-50+ applications). This includes supporting large user populations, across multiple business units/geographies,(internal or external to GSK) or support GSK critical business processes
• You will expert troubleshoot across multiple technology domains and business areas.
You will ensure accurate and easy processes are followed to ensure ongoing continuity of knowledge including:
• Application dependencies (across applications, hardware)
• How applications support the business process Service Designs and commitments, including how well the applications perform against the service designs
• You will champion and drive improvements to these processes to simplify approach across all of Application Services
• Leading continuous improvements that improve end-user experience, reduce risk and/or lower the cost of ownership of the overall business process/service on an ongoing basis.
• You will also have responsibilities mentoring junior staff.
During the course of your application you will be requested to complete voluntary information which will be used in monitoring the effectiveness of our equality and diversity policies. Your information will be treated as confidential and will not be used in any part of the selection process.
If you require a reasonable adjustment to the application / selection process to enable you to demonstrate your ability to perform the job requirements, please contact . This will help us to understand any modifications we may need to make to support you throughout our selection process.
When applying for this role, please use the 'cover letter' of the on-line application to describe how you meet the competencies for this role, as outlined in the job requirements above.
The information that you have provided in your cover letter and CV will be used to assess your application.
Thank you for your interest in this opportunity.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: FRIDAY 14th DECEMBER 2018
Why You?Basic qualifications:
• Degree in computer science or related field is desirable although relevant experience is equally valuable.
• Strong programming skills.
• Must have significant .NET & Oracle development experience, Unix (desirable).
• All round skills including ability to translate user requirements, work on design and fully develop desired solution/s.
• Understanding and experience of ITIL based service management practices.
• Stakeholder management skills
• Ability to carry out work independently balancing conflicting priorities and needs
• Strong technical skills in industry standard technologies like .NET, Oracle (knowledge level to understand database relationship), Unix, Java, XML, XSLT
• Experience with Microsoft Azure
At GSK we are a science-led global healthcare company. We research and develop a broad range of innovative products in three primary areas of Pharmaceuticals, Vaccines and Consumer Healthcare. Our mission is inspiring and challenging - to help people do more, feel better and live longer.
We have a significant global presence with commercial operations in more than 150 countries, a network of 86 manufacturing sites in 36 countries and large R&D centres in the UK, USA, Spain, Belgium and China.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.