Senior Credit Manager (North America market)
Posted on Dec 10, 2018 by Aviva
This position is within our Credit team and will take the lead on key elements of the Credit Limit Framework and associated risk assessment work. This will include credit concentration management, limit setting and analysis across a diverse range of investments, asset classes, sectors and geographic regions - with a particular focus on Northern American Markets. The Senior Credit Manger will also provide support to the Head of Credit and wider Chief Investment Office in the identification and approval of new investment categories, and evolution of the Credit Limit Framework to ensure this becomes best in class for a wide range of existing and potential risk factors.
This role provides the opportunity for a high internal profile backed by significant Aviva resources in a market place growing significantly for us. We see this as a phenomenal chance for a Credit Manger to grow within our team.
The role is based in London, but we are flexible in operating from any of our offices (York, Norwich, etc).
Key responsibilities include:
- Credit concentration management through the aggregation of exposure across sectors, asset classes and geographies to ensure that all risks are identified and reported
- Asset class, sector and region deep dive analysis, and the completion of a rolling review programme
- Credit exposure limit framework development to keep pace with existing and new investment appetite and risk factors
- Credit and collateral management governance and policy advancement
- Ensuring that credit rating assessment and methodology are appropriate for investment and credit needs by reviewing and providing challenge
- Participation in the approval process for individual transactions including counterparty financial and business analysis, and any impact on the wider Credit Limit Framework
- Identifying general Credit Limit Framework improvements in areas such as data quality and systems design, and driving improvement through direct Credit team actions or by influencing upstream business partners
- Supporting and mentoring junior colleagues, including on their analysis and research
- Working collaboratively with Fund Managers, Second Line Functions and Group to formulate and underpin analysis, recommendations and the execution of strategy
- You will have either a relevant degree (economics finance, accounting or related discipline) or relevant post-graduate qualification (e.g. CFA)
- You possess a deep understanding and experience of credit risk across multiple asset classes, products and risk profiles
- You have experience across all segments in the credit lifecycle from origination to portfolio management, and performing to non-performing status
- You apply conceptual thinking to identify and resolve critical issues
- You possess high level of proficiency in accounting principles and techniques
- You can advise and give mentorship within specialisation to staff at all levels
- You have excellent organisational skills with the ability to prioritise, plan and adapt
- You possess strong interpersonal and communication skills with a proven ability to influence decision-making at senior levels
- You desire to build and maintain positive relationships with internal and external contacts
- You know of regulatory capital requirements and in particular the management of credit risk for financial services firms
What will you get for this role?
- A competitive salary depending on skills, qualifications and experience
- Generous defined contribution pension scheme
- Annual performance related bonus and pay review
- Holiday allowance of 29 days plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days
- Up to 30% discount for some Aviva products through My Aviva Extras plus discounts for Friends and Family
- Excellent range of flexible benefits to include a matching share save scheme
Additional Information & Equal Opportunity
Bring to Aviva what makes you different and well support you to do the best work of your life. We encourage applications from everyone who wants to help us achieve our purpose of helping our customers to Defy Uncertainty .
One of Avivas core values is we Care More , and this is brought to life through the flexible ways we like to work. This may include working from home some of the time, or flexible work schedules to accommodate parent and carer responsibilities, further studies and hobbies.
Defy Uncertainty -
As a disability confident employer, we guarantee to interview anyone with a disability, (As defined in the The Equality Act 2010) whose application meets the minimum criteria for the post. (By minimum criteria we mean that you must provide us with evidence which demonstrates that you generally meet the level of competence required, as well as meeting any of the qualifications, skills or experience defined as essential). Please apply through the website and then notify us that you meet the conditions for the guaranteed interview scheme.
We prefer all applications to be submitted online, however if you require an alternative method of applying please contact Dan in the Resourcing team on or