IT Delivery Manager
Posted on Dec 15, 2018 by TUI in the UK
As a Delivery Manager the individual will lead software delivery teams and be the liaison between Product Ownership, Project Governance, and the Development/Implementation Teams.
Working independently, the individual is capable of leading by role or influence, as well as fulfilling or supporting many different roles on an iterative software development team including Scrum Master, Delivery Lead, Quality Analyst, Business Analyst, or Functional Analyst.
The primary responsibilities of this role include working with stakeholders to understand their business requirements, building and managing the product backlogs, and successfully leading agile projects through their respective lifecycles.
Clear reporting and communication is a key for this role, not only to the IT Leadership Team but also to the various Project Managers, Release Managers and Business Leads.
TUI Group is the world's number one integrated tourism business. The IT Solutions team is responsible for all aspects of the software development life cycle
What you will be doing
You will build a high quality development team(s) using onshore and offshore resources, capable to deliver business change at scale and pace. You will represent IT Solutions on various project and business steering boards, ensuring high visibility of progress and take a proactive leadership role in resolving business needs, risks and issues.
- Define and work within an agile project governance framework (e.g. establish team cadence, run Scrum ceremonies, facilitate backlog refinement sessions, etc.)
- Lead the agile software delivery teams, manage issues and mitigate risks
- Be the functional and subject matter expert for the solution and act as the liaison between Product Ownership, Project Governance, and the Development/Implementation Team
- Work with the Product Owners to define the product by identifying requirements and thinking critically about what will make it successful; write user stories that effectively communicate the Product Owner's requirements and that are easily consumed by software development teams
- Work with the engineering teams, and Solution Architects, to define and validate the technical approach, strategy and deliverables for the project
- Attend and lead meetings; provide project status reporting to management; assist with testing scenarios, and validate results
- Perform technical analysis to determine present and future business performance
- Resource planning and assignment of TUI permanent, contract and supplier resources
What we are looking for
- Extensive experience of leading Agile Software development as a Scrum Master or Delivery Lead
- Experience in all phases of product, software, and testing lifecycles
- Able to serve as a liaison between both business and technical teams to drive effective, timely solutions that fulfill both strategic and operational needs
- Experience of AWS - an advantage
- Experience of Pega, Talend and Pitney Bowes Engage One - Essential
- Skilled at defining and documenting business and functional requirements for ongoing system enhancement initiatives in iterative software development environments
- Strong investigative, analytical and interpersonal communication skills, with the ability to work independently or as part of a team
- Strong knowledge in software delivery: Agile, Scrum, Kanban, SAFe, XP and Lean
- Able to proactively identify risks, and drive action to mitigate and resolve issues
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to manage a vast array of information
- Experience leading all Agile ceremonies including: sprint planning, review, demo, and stand-up sessions
Working within TUI group
TUI UK and Ireland is the UK's largest tour operator with key brands including TUI, First Choice, Marella Cruises and Crystal Ski Holidays. Sub brands include Sensatori, Sensimar, and Family Life, as well as First Choice Holiday Villages and SplashWorld Resorts. Our airline is the UK's third largest with 62 aircraft operating to over 88 destinations in 30 countries. We have a team of more than 10,000 employees serving over 5.5 million customers each year.
It's our people that make us number one
TUI Group is the leading tourism business with over 67,000 employees across the world. The Group includes our unique hotel portfolio, our cruise ships, our own aircraft, tour operators, travel agencies, and much more. At TUI, we have embarked on a journey of development towards a more digital, connected and integrated future. But we haven't arrived there yet. Join us now and shape the future of travel.
You can look forward to a competitive salary, pension scheme and further benefits such as generous holiday discounts, great rates with foreign exchange and discounts with retailers.
How to apply
Please click on the link below, the application process consists of answering a few questions and uploading your CV.