Associate Project Manager
Posted on Dec 10, 2018 by Arcadis
The Exciting Opportunity:
If you are an experienced Project Manager who wants a career that plays to your strengths, keep reading. Join our team as an Associate Project Manager and you will discover a culture focused on helping you flourish as a professional. In this role, you will provide Project and Programme Management services to a high-profile client. It is intended that the role will offer the opportunity to progress your career as your experience grows.
Overview of Role:
You will support our Industry business line working on consultancy projects within the Chemical and Pharmaceutical sector. You will be responsible for supporting managers in achieving service excellence and positive outcomes for our client; showing high levels of technical capability, sound commercial knowledge and a good understanding of the key drivers or cost and value; capturing and sharing knowledge and driving innovation in service
At this level you will report directly into the Arcadis Lead and will manage teams and deliver programmes of work to meet defined objectives. Responsible for delivering work in line with budgetary, compliance, regulatory and planning controls, and will require significant technical knowledge and experience
- Work within established financial systems and clear project objectives to produce plans, schedules and track budgets, highlighting variances in order to manage and control project delivery targets
- Deliver/assist to manage small to medium scale projects or programmes of work, ensuring appropriate use of resources to deliver the required scope of work within set deadlines
- Present any project risks or issues to senior managers to ensure the project is not adversely impacted, and ensure the delivery of projects to compliant standards
- Analyse and review a range of data to identify key themes and trends and use the outputs to produce recommendations that support project decision-making
- Use knowledge and experience to review project processes and policies, providing advice to support management in developing and improving processes and systems
- Interact effectively across the organisation, completing complex professional level tasks for others in order to ensure projects/programmes can be delivered to meet customer expectations
- Advise colleagues on issues relating to own projects, providing subject matter advice in order to support delivery and ensure there is alignment between policy and operational practice
- Collaborate with stakeholders and third-party contractors, in order to ensure all parties are informed and aware of project progress and expectations
What You Have to Offer:
- Relevant business experience including management of projects ranging from £50k to £30m
- 'Practitioner' level expertise in one or more service lines
- Building the ability to negotiate and manage relationships with external stakeholders
- Commercial acumen and organisational understanding
- A logical approach and ability to think through complex issues to co-ordinate multi-faceted aspects of projects
- Knowledge of own area and a general understanding of wider programme and business
Arcadis is the leading global natural and built asset design and consultancy firm working in partnership with our clients to deliver exceptional and sustainable outcomes through the application of design, consultancy, engineering, project and management services. ARCADIS differentiates through its talented and passionate people and its unique combination of capabilities covering the whole asset life cycle, its deep market sector insights and its ability to integrate health & safety and sustainability into the design and delivery of solutions across the globe. We are 28,000 people that generate €2.5 billion in revenues. We support UN-Habitat with knowledge and expertise to improve the quality of life in rapidly growing cities around the world. Please visit: .
Arcadis UK now incorporates the Hyder and EC Harris brands.
What We Offer:
We offer a dynamic challenging job with international focus in a pleasant working climate, attention to education and a competitive remuneration package reflecting the seniority of the role. You will have a great deal of responsibility with endless opportunity for impact and freedom for initiatives. Given the international spread of the business a certain level of flexibility in working hours is important.
We offer a fantastic working environment where you own your destiny and will be encouraged to forge a successful career. In addition, we offer some excellent benefits, such as:
For some levels, PMI and Income Protection is paid for
Highly competitive salary
Annual holiday allowance, plus the option to buy and sell
One of the best contributory pensions in the industry, Pension matched to 8%
Interest free Season Ticket Loan
Annual Professional Subscription Paid
Enhanced Maternity and Paternity Leave
Long Term Service Awards
Refer a Friend Scheme that rewards you for every successful introduction you make.