Posted on Dec 17, 2018 by Yolk Recruitment Ltd
Would you be interested in working for an organisation who are helping to shape the digital economy of Wales?
Innovation Point have been working with technology and digital companies in Wales since 2015 and have been responsible for driving over £2.5m of funding in the sector in Wales during this time.
Working at the cutting edge of technology development in Wales and at the heart of the investment community they have already been responsible for a number of key initiatives including an IoT Accelerator with Barclays Eagle Lab's and the Digital Dozen Accelerator. Their aim is to bring together start-ups, academia, investment, public sector organisations and businesses both small and large with the aim of stimulating major innovation projects that grow the economy of Wales.
They are seeking a Project Delivery Manager to be involved in a wide range of activities. You will oversee bid submissions and then manage the delivery of projects arising from this including setting up Digital Technology Accelerators and Clusters.
You will be responsible for a broad and diverse range of projects at any time and will coordinate all project and programme activities related to this. You will take the lead on bid submissions, effectively managing resources to transition from bid through to project delivery.
- Reporting to the Head of Project Delivery, the role will be fully involved in the development and delivery of an efficient and effective programme management plan
- Through the programme management plan, measurably increase the successful development of bids and subsequent delivery of a broad range of innovation projects
- Develop and maintain expertise across the project management co-ordination activities - such as project resourcing, financing, risk reporting and communications
- Working closely with clients during the bid development process, building good working relationships that enable a leading bid to be prepared, resolving inconsistencies and gaps in the tender documentation
- Representing Innovation Point at meetings and events, networking with relevant stakeholders across a diverse range of projects, developing our brand as a trusted partner to deliver projects
- Working directly to the Head of Project Delivery, in the development of new digital technology innovation clusters, capabilities and expertise
- Manage full programme of existing and new projects that most significantly contribute to our targets
- Lead role in managing the IoT Accelerator Wales, developing plans for continuation
- Assist in mapping out and development of plans to access key new clients
- Focussed support to the Head of Business Development
- Provide visible focal point for project activities
You will be an experienced Project Manager with some involvement in bids or funding cycles within the UK or Europe. Ideally you will have a background in working within the professional services sector or within similar organisations to Innovation Point.
You should be able to demonstrate experience of a number of the following skills and attributes.
- A strong record and demonstrable experience in project management
- Experience of working in both diverse and virtual teams, clearly communicating and engaging with various stakeholders to maintain collaborative partnerships that operate across the public and private sectors
- Understanding of key themes in innovation, and or experience of working in one or more sectors directly relevant to the work of Innovation Point
- Delivering at pace - Review, challenge and adjust performance levels to ensure projects and planned outcomes are delivered on time
- Hands on - making things happen by leading by example, working across the team and operating pragmatically, without ego
- Proven attention to detail, process and documentation to Prince 2 level or equivalent
This is an excellent opportunity to take on a key role within an organisation which is helping to develop, promote and support the digital economy and emerging technology in Wales.
Yolk Recruitment is working in partnership with Innovation Point on retained basis for the recruitment of a number of key roles including this. If you wish to apply to this role please contact Matthew Sykes at Yolk Recruitment or simply apply to this advertisement via the methods outlined. Please note that Innovation Point will not be accepting direct applications, and will direct you back to Yolk. For an initial informal discussion then please contact Matthew.
The Search Consultant
Yolk Recruitment Ltd