Posted on Dec 13, 2018 by MORGAN LAW
The COO will have operational responsibility for all services and operational programs in line with the strategic plan, policies and procedures and will lead and manage a senior management team.
The COO will be responsible and accountable for:
- Contract, regulatory and legal compliance.
- Quality of the services and continual improvement.
- Measuring and mitigating risk.
- Ensuring robust financial management and high level business acumen ensuring solid income streams are developed and maintained.
- Provide coordination for the operational management team; serve as liaison to partners; and work with the Board to keep them abreast of programmatic strategies, risks and challenges.
- Partner with the Group CEO, and her/his peers and be responsible for developing, implementing, and managing the operational aspects of the annual budget.
- Achievement of strategic objectives and KPI targets.
- Identifying service delivery issues, requirements or areas of under performance and taking the necessary action to resolve
- Lead, coach, develop, and retain high-performance management team with an emphasis on developing capacity in strategic analysis, business acumen and planning and program budgeting.
- Experience of supporting and advising Board and senior committees
- Deep experience in program budgeting and fiscal management
- Proven experience and track record in senior operational and program management within the Social and or Health Care Sector.
- Experience of working across teams and of developing and maintaining good working relationships
- It is essential that you will have an exceptional knowledge of CQC, NICE guidelines and health and safety and regulatory requirements from the Charity Commission
- Excellent and proven ability to form effective positive and motivational relationships