Graduate Civil Engineer - Water
Posted on Dec 18, 2018 by Arup
Arup is one of the world's leading building design consultancies with a project portfolio that is second to none. We design and deliver ground-breaking icons through our work in infrastructure, building design and specialist technical services.
We operate in an environment where collaboration and innovation go hand-in-hand to deliver cutting-edge solutions to problems and world-class projects.
We help the world manage its water. The successful design, development and maintenance of our water infrastructure require the integration of many disciplines. Arup's water team has wide-ranging skills spanning advisory and specialist technical services. We consider the commercial, economic, environmental and social implications of projects. Key areas we work in include:
- Asset management
- Climate change studies
- Catchment science and management
- Dams and reservoirs engineering
- Flood risk management
- Integrated drainage modelling and network rehabilitation
- Natural flood management
- River and waterway engineering
- Wastewater infrastructure and treatment
- Water resources management
- Water treatment and supply
We aim to offer a complete service, resulting in a team that collaborates with a broad range of other Arup services, and in partnership with clients. Our teams also work closely with many external bodies involved in the delivery of major projects.
What you'll be doing
You will join our team of bright professionals across several of our UK offices. From your first day, you'll join an unrivalled community of experts, where everyone is supported in their career path and encouraged to work towards a professional qualification.
You'll help us to deliver effective and professional services for a range of varied and high-profile clients. While you'll have a great deal of responsibility from day one, we'll give you the chance to take on more as you progress and broaden your skills.
Key responsibilities may include:
- Working with Arup colleagues in specialisms such as Geotechnics, Highways, Rail, Aviation, Sustainability and Environmental Planning
- Working with collaborators such as landscape architects and planners
- Meeting with clients, local authorities, and other stakeholders - including site visits
- Preparing design calculations, often using specialist software such as ISIS, InfoWorks, MicroDrainage, AutoCAD, GIS
What we look for
- We encourage our Graduate Civil Engineers to demonstrate drive and motivation, a willingness to learn about our sector, and a desire to effectively deliver an excellent service to our clients.
What we offer
There are infinite possibilities when you join Arup. You'll receive all the opportunities that come with a challenging, fulfilling career, including:
- The opportunity to work on some of the world's greatest projects with technical challenges that will stretch and challenge your skills
- Training and support towards professional accreditation and career development opportunities
- A competitive salary and welcome bonus
- Profit share scheme
- A comprehensive package, including a flexible benefits fund and a generous pension
- Opportunities to work on international projects
- An interesting and varied workload where you'll make a tangible difference to the world
- A collaborative, intelligent and friendly team in an excellent working environment
- Various sports and social activities in all our locations