Graduate Civil Engineer - Rail
Posted on Dec 13, 2018 by Arup
Arup is one of the world's leading building design consultancies with a project portfolio that is second to none. We design and deliver ground-breaking icons through our work in infrastructure, building design and specialist technical services. We operate in an environment where collaboration and innovation go hand-in-hand to deliver cutting-edge solutions to problems and world-class projects.
With our global reach and multi-disciplinary approach, Arup is involved in major rail projects in the UK and worldwide. With over 20 years of rail planning, design and construction experience, we offer our clients a broad spectrum of consulting services including, but not limited to, the following:
- Strategic advice
- Cost, demand and revenue forecasting
- Business case analysis
- Feasibility studies
- Asset management
- Detailed design
- Implementation and commissioning
- Project creation
We aim to offer our clients a complete service regardless of the project type and have therefore developed experience in many sectors including light rail, mass transit, heavy rail, high-speed rail, guided buses, stations, depots, and freight and distribution centres.
Right now we're looking for Graduate Civil Engineers to join our team of bright professionals. From your first day, you'll join an unrivalled community of experts, where everyone is supported in their career path and encouraged to work towards a professional qualification.
You'll help us to deliver effective and professional services for a range of varied and high-profile clients. While you'll have a great deal of responsibility from day one, we'll give you the chance to take on more as you progress and broaden your skills.
What you'll be doing
Due to the nature of our work you will have the opportunity to gain a broad range of experience, including feasibility studies, site investigation, preliminary and detailed design, and liaison with clients, contractors and third parties. Projects will be allocated to you, ranging in scale, duration and design stage, providing you with a diverse working environment.
Key responsibilities may include:
- Site surveys
- Technical report writing
- Produce construction drawings
- Undertaking design
- Feasibility studies
- Design calculations
- Planning and procurement of site investigation works
- Client and stakeholder engagement activity
- Collaborating with other rail system designers
- Supporting internal clients such as other sectors within Arup
Our rail team provide expert technical advice to both UK and internationally-based clients, ensuring you develop a variety of experience as you progress your career with us.
What we look for
We encourage our Graduate Civil Engineers to demonstrate drive and motivation, a willingness to learn about our sector, and a desire to effectively deliver an excellent service to our clients.
What we offer
There are infinite possibilities when you join Arup. You'll receive all the opportunities that come with a challenging, fulfilling career, including:
- The opportunity to work on some of the world's greatest projects with technical challenges that will stretch and challenge your skills
- Training and support towards professional accreditation and career development opportunities
- A competitive salary and welcome bonus
- Profit share scheme
- A comprehensive package, including a flexible benefits fund and a generous pension
- Opportunities to work on international projects
- An interesting and varied workload where you'll make a tangible difference to the world
- A collaborative, intelligent and friendly team in an excellent working environment
- Various sports and social activities in all our locations
Hays Construction and Property
HeadNorth Consulting Ltd