Consultant Director - Industry
Posted on Dec 9, 2018 by ALVA
This is an exciting and unique opportunity to join alva, a London and New York based fast-growth intelligence company.
Supporting our clients to make better decisions with high-quality intelligence is our mission.
We are looking for a talented and ambitious individual to join our Industry team to work with our blue-chip defence, mining, utilities and energy clients.
The ideal candidate will thrive in an entrepreneurial, fast-paced environment and have the experience, ambition and grit to succeed.
The position will be based in our London office, although the successful candidate will also have the opportunity to work with our US-based clients in our New York office.
alva has developed propriety AI technology which combined with sector analyst expertise, delivers retrospective, real-time and predictive intelligence to over 100 companies in the Global 2000.
alva's offering integrates reputation, communication and business intelligence to help clients make better decisions relevant to the company's strategy, products, competitors, issues and stakeholders.
The Consultant Director is responsible for the quality and client delivery of alva's premium product - alva Insight. The role's main contribution is to ensure the analysis and intelligence delivered to our clients in the Industry sector is best-in-class and that it answers the client's questions in the specific context of the sector.
The Consultant Director is alva's Industry and reputation specialist, fluent in the needs and challenges of C-level communications professionals, a sector expert in their own right and a master of alva's methodology.
The Consultant Director will work with a wide range of roles, including Business Directors in supporting new client acquisition, as well as with Relationship Directors in managing existing client relationships. The role will also work with sector Consultant Analysts and Quantitative Analysts to support their development in deriving insight, building relationships with clients and understanding the specific issues in the Industry sector.
- Develop close client relationships
- Provide strategic advice to clients and prospective clients
- Present client reports to department heads, directors and executives
- Hold client innovation workshops
- Train and develop Industry Consultant Analysts
- Contribute to the company's thought leadership
- Speak at industry events when required
Key competencies and personal attributes
- Prior experience within a consultancy or in-house communications team
- Strong experience in advising clients in the Industry sector
- Demonstrable knowledge of the role of communications in business
- A nuanced understanding of the business value of reputation
- Highly articulate, with strong presentation skills
- Outstanding English: written and spoken
- Highly motivated self-starter prepared to go the extra mile
- Authentic - "we DO what we SAY"
- Learner - "we are always improving"
- Collaborative - "we are all for one, one for all"
- Owner - "we make it happen"
- Achiever - "we are fixated on achieving the right result for all of us"
Location: Southwark, London
To apply for the position or to seek further information, please email your CV and Cover letter via the button below.