Progamme Management Officer
Posted on Dec 14, 2018 by Hays Specialist Recruitment Limited
Our client are a leading international healthcare group, who run care homes, health centres, dental centres and hospitals, offer personal and company health insurance and provide workplace health services, health assessments and chronic disease management services including health coaching.
Our client is committed to making quality healthcare, focused on the patient's needs, more affordable and accessible in the areas of wellness, chronic disease management and ageing.
They are currently looking for an interim PMO to join their team in Salford for a minimum of three months but with potential to go longer term. Role Purpose Assigned to relevant Programme Manager, this role will involve the management and maintenance of the Programme reporting and governance (including to Steering Group and Executive level), establishment and delivery process adherence, maintaining programme wide controls, supporting project delivery community, management and maintenance of PPM toolkit & templates and provision of assurance across the assigned programme.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Implement governance standards across the assigned programme, including tracking, monitoring and updating the status of deliverables
- Work with the Programme Manager and Portfolio Management & Operations Lead to develop and embed the Project Standards and Methodologies, seeking contributions from the community to ensure that the Standards meet best practice
- Manage Portfolio level Risks, Issues and dependency registers
- Delivers KPIs, reports, executive summaries, at the portfolio level
- To manage and facilitate the production of the standard suite of portfolio office reports (e.g. Status Reporting, Steering Group) and develop ad hoc reports as required Analyse and interpret data providing insight to support delivery assurance
- Tracking and monitoring the progress of the project management office and the projects and programmes assigned to it
- To ensure projects follow agreed standards, methods, processes and procedures
- Continuing to update and improve project management methodologies
- Maintaining existing departmental and project management office policies and procedures
- Provide support and guidance to project managers relating to the Programme & Project Delivery Framework, methodologies, governance and approvals
- Develop, manage and maintain a suite of templates and project management tools for use across the portfolio, whilst proactively improving the service provided to the community
- Continually look for opportunities to develop and streamline portfolio, programme and project management processes
- Conduct regular project health checks (Planning, RAID, Finance, Actions, Resource etc) with project managers, supporting best practice across the portfolio
- Engage with Senior level stakeholders, forming strong relationships with the Portfolio Management Office
- Work with the Head of Portfolio Management and wider community to manage, maintain and further develop the Bupa standard PPM tool (Keyedin)
- Be the primary point of contact for the community regarding the Bupa standard PPM tool (Keyedin), supporting all users in effective use of the application
- Proactively manage all issues relating to the PPM tool, engaging with support and 3rd party contacts as required
- Acting as an ambassador of the portfolio management team internally and externally
- Seek and define opportunities to actively contribute towards the achievement of Portfolio Management goals outside of prescribed remit
Qualifications, Training and Experience
- Good organisational and project management skills to ensure delivery to specified timelines
- High standard of written and presentation skills and high proficiency in Project, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to work on own initiative, with minimum supervision, and have a logical and analytical approach to problem solving.
- Ability to plan and prioritise effectively
- Excellent interpersonal skills and strong organisational abilities
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, at all levels
- Good working knowledge of project management lifecycle and methodologies.
- Experience using PPM applications e.g. SharePoint, KeyedIn (Desirable)
Manchester Property Group
The Lowry Theatre