Posted on Dec 15, 2018 by Rentalcars.com
About Rideways and BookingGo
We're part of BookingGo, the ground transport unit of Booking.com, and our mission is to empower people to experience the world. As part of BookingGo, Rideways wants to be the best way for our customers to get from A to B.
Helping us do this is a diverse community of over 17,000 employees across 198 global offices, all connected by a love of travel and a passion for creating the perfect customer experience.
About the role
You'll be part of our London team - a product innovation group building the next generation of transport solutions for our customers.
We launched Rideways two years ago with the goal of becoming the best way to get to and from the airport. We're now rapidly expanding Rideways as well as building additional new transport products to get our customers from A to B in the best way possible.
We're looking for a highly motivated Product Designer to help lead the development of our next generation mobile app.
You will be based in London, but with occasional travel to the head office in Manchester. You will report to a Senior Engineering Manager and work closely with a cross-functional product team.
Who we're looking for
We want an experienced, skilled and motivated product designer who thrives with autonomy and a lean, collaborative, fast paced environment.
We want someone who obsesses about the customer and goes out of their way to ensure their designs are useful, usable and delightful.
Working as part of a small, collaborative team should be second-nature, as should your constant search to improve how you and we do things.
- Own the design, from start to finish, of a new critical component of the Ridewaysapp
- Own the entire design process from idea to implementation and everything that entails - research, UX design, UI design, user testing etc
- Use your excellent communication skills to get everyone, at all levels, excited about your work
- Collaborate closely with design, product and engineering to create a highly efficient delivery team
- Collaborate with other teams to design and deliver everything needed for an app launch - landing pages, emails etc
- Bring your thought leadership to our design process and tools - show us how we do it better
- Work with other designers to define and refine our design language and style guide
- Gain a deep understanding of our customers and ensure we remain customer-centric in everything we do
Skills, traits and experience
- 5+ years experience, ideally gained in a similar environment
- You're critical and questioning - always asking how we do better
- You're customer-centric with a good understanding of different research and testing methods, including when and how to use them
- You're an excellent communicator - able to discuss design decisions confidently at all levels
- You're experienced designing exemplary mobile interfaces for native apps (Android & iOS)
- You can translate requirements into functional, usable and beautiful designs
- Your designs are informed by a broad mix of qualitative and quantitative insights
- You take an iterative approach and move quickly from idea to validation
- You're more than comfortable working in a fast-paced lean delivery environment
- You're a passionate self-starter, able to pro-actively generate simple solutions to complex problems
- You care deeply about good design and your craft - continuously learning how to improve your design knowledge and skills
Candidates must provide examples of work demonstrating an ability to generate ideas, solve problems and articulate design decisions.