Senior UX/UI Designer
Posted on Dec 13, 2018 by We Are Friday Ltd
About Design at Friday
Designers at Friday have deep practitioner specialist skills across any or all parts of the design spectrum - from design strategy and IA, UX, interface design, through to prototyping and movement. We however display a generalist attitude; an understanding of the whole design process, and can easily navigate, communicate and practice the full spectrum.
We have practical delivery skills to make actual things rather than just pictures of things. And these skills constantly evolve - so we self-teach a lot.
We are passionate about the intersection between Design, UX and Front End and the possibilities for innovation at those boundaries. We work in mixed discipline highly collaborative teams, committed to building better experiences and truly believe that user experience is the responsibility of the whole project team.
What we need:
We are looking for a Senior hybrid UX and UI designer to join our established team that is currently working on a corporate transactional environment for a global bank. In this role you will be working in a team that spans Friday and our client to design and deliver a native world-class business banking app. You will be working closely with the business stakeholders and an off shore team to align design standards across different territories. You will be working on site with our client for some of your time.
You will need understand the requirements gathered by Business Analysts, develop and present ideas and prototypes on a daily basis. You will also liaise with business representatives and technical build partners at various points of the project. You'll work through iterations of the projects, creating interactive prototypes and presenting these over conference calls and face to face to a large stakeholder base.
What you'll do:
In this role you will be responsible for:
- Collaborating with multi-disciplinary teams, within Friday and beyond, ensuring the user experience delivers on the strategic vision and is achievable within the technical constraints of the project
- Understand the nuances between native IOS and Android and when to harness them
- Working closely with our clients' BA to help shape solutions and to rapidly visualise a proposition, through sketching and prototyping while speaking their language
- Production of detailed user experience deliverables from sketches, wireframes, prototypes, user flows and interface designs
- Navigating comfortably between a mix of being "hands-on-in-the-detail" of project and contributing to the wider program of work
- Presenting your ideas to a varied audience from marketing execs to technical architects and developers
- Briefing the developers, ensuring they have an understanding of what is required from a design perspective
- The role is heavily client-facing.
- Experience in developing digital responses to complex client problems across responsive environments as well as iOS/Android apps
- Understanding client requirements and expectations and translating these into best-in-class design solutions; and articulate robust rational to back up these decisions
- Experience working in and managing complex multi-stakeholder environments
- Be comfortable rapidly sketching, scamping concepts and prototypes as well as producing formal UX and visual design deliverables
- Be able to interpret and follow design guidelines and principles
- Solid Axure, Sketch, Invision and Flinto (optional) skills
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal)
- Willing to learn new tools as needed
- You are delightfully non-ego driven
- You are full of energy and passion for what you do
- You are constantly learning by teaching yourself and challenging your own and thinking
- You make others around you better by consciously teaching and unconsciously inspiring
- You have a strong work ethic, are well organised, can manage complexity across multiple projects
- You have an eye for detail and 'goodenough' never is
- You are an exceptional communicator
- You are collaborative, friendly, 'hunchy' with bags of initiative.