Campus Recruiting - Digital Product & Experience Intern
Posted on Dec 9, 2018 by Lowe's Companies, Inc.
Lowe's 2019 Summer Internship Program offers challenging assignments to undergraduate and graduate students, enhancing their understanding of the retail business world through valuable, hands-on experience with a FORTUNE 50 company. The summer internship program begins with orientation in late May and concludes in early-August. All internships are paid and housing is available for those that qualify. This role has potential for conversion into a full-time position for those that successfully complete the internship and upon candidate's graduation.
The internship will consist of a project-based assignment to broaden learning, experience, organizational knowledge, and business acumen. We are looking for people driven by potential. Dynamic individuals who are inspiring as they are inspired. Sharp minds eager to take on new challenges and recognize new opportunities. Great collaborators who understand the power of "we". People who push the boundaries of what's possible.
Education and/or Experience
* Pursuing a Bachelor's degree in Human-Computer Interactions, Psychology, or Cognitive Systems with expected graduation date of December 2019 or May 2020
* Minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA is required
* Proficient in MSOffice Programs (specifically Word, Excel and Access), Axure and Sketch. Fluent in web and mobile information architecture. Can translate functional objectives into detailed specifications. Has a critical eye for clear visuals and text.
* Strong collaborative, problem solving, organizational, and communication skills are required
* Relevant internship and experience involving designing intuitive workflows and user-centered design is a plus, as is experience in a leadership position at work or within a campus organization
Area of Learning
* Gather and document functional requirements for upcoming web and mobile releases
* Analyze business needs and produce detailed wireframes that meet strategic objectives
* Optimize information architecture to promote usability, while accommodating technical needs/constraints
* Develop user flows and personas to facilitate feature design process
* Will work with all departments within the organization, including Product Management, UX, IT and Business Partners
Lowe's Companies,Inc. (NYSE: LOW) is a FORTUNE? 50 home improvement company serving more than 18 million customers a week in the United States, Canada and Mexico. With fiscal year 2017 sales of $68.6 billion, Lowe's and its related businesses operate or service more than 2,390 home improvement and hardware stores and employ over 310,000 people. Founded in 1946 and based in Mooresville, N.C., Lowe's supports the communities it serves through programs that focus on K-12 public education and community improvement projects. For more information, visit Lowes.com.
Lowe's is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status, genetics or any other category protected under applicable law. SDL2017